Cabelas rod holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by carpdoctor, Mar 1, 2008.

1. carpdoctor

carpdoctor New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Does anyone have any of the Cabelas rod holders? I use my boat for many things so I want rod holders that r easy to remove. Cabelas has the flush mount holder bases. I can just pop the holders out when not needed.

2. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    i just got some quickdraw rod holders the other day and i had them mounted in the boat in about 10 min.they worked out just fine last weekend ,easy to adjust,and they come out in seconds.the only draw back is there to small to fit my tiger rods.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I bought some boatbuckles from cabelas-so far I think it was money well spent.

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I have used the quik draws on my boat for yr and like them.One thing to make sure when mounting them is to have the notch on the inside of the base turned facing the inside of the boat or you will pull the holder out when pulling the rod out on a bite.I found this out the hard way last yr and lost two holder in about 10 min. I had moved the holder on the boat and did'nt pay attention on how I mounted them. About a $50 mistake.

5. cattinhoosier

cattinhoosier New Member

State:
    indiana
    I just put some quickdraw holders on my jon boat I think they will work great a little costly though.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    are they good i might order some

7. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I have the quick draw model. I am well pleased with them.

8. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I have the Driftmaster holders from Cabela's.

9. Fishhead1

Fishhead1 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Eric
    I have the 360 Cabelas rod holders. They are basically Scotty brand but have a big gaurantee (lifetime maybe?). They are sturdy, they can be positioned in many different ways. I didn't get the Quickdraw because I wasn't sure if the big handles of heavy catfish rods would work very well in them. That being said my only complaint (and it's not much) is that the 360s still aren't perfect if you have a really fat handled rod (big foam handles). It's not bad but it can hang up a bit if you are trying to slowly or gently pull a rod out from a sitting position.