Cabelas Rod Buyers: Beware

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wabash River Bear, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just a lil warning for anyone ordering rods from Cabelas online( or any other online vender). I found out too late that the listings on their website are not in order, and the generic photo is no help, now I have to return two rods for exchange.
    They breakdown rods into catagories (spinning, casting, spincasting, ect.). I ordered 2 Uglystik Tiger "spinning" rods, which I chose from the spinning rod catagory according to the lenth, line weight, lure weight, and action that I wanted. I ordered the corresponding item #'s.
    I recieved 2 Uglystik Tiger "casting" rods. After doing some research and talking to Shakespeare and Cabelas, the item # is correct for the casting rod. The casting rod is listed under spinning rods. In fact several casting rods are listed under spinning rods on their website. I didnt know what the prefixes and #'s meant on the website (now that I do, it all makes sense), in fact I didnt pay that much attention to it. All I knew is that I was in the spinning rod section and found the specs I wanted and ordered them.
    I shop alot at Cabelas online and have no problem with them. I pointed out the problem to them about how they had listed the rods. They are going to exchange the rods at no shipping cost to me and were very helpful at working the problem out.
    This post is not written to complain about Cabelas, but to let you all know to do a lil research and be sure of what you are ordering so you get the right item. Go to the manufacturers site, check their prefixes and #'s, match it to Cabelas (or any other online vender). Be aware that the listing could be incorrect, or in the wrong catagory.

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    that sucks makes for a lot of extra work and agravation

3. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah, but they are making it right for me. Now weather or not they correct the wesite listing is yet to be seen. I'll continue to shop with them as this is the only problem I have had with them. I just wanted to possibly save someone else a headache.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    great warning, It is such a pain to return stuff ordered online.

5. brewfish

brewfish New Member

State:
    fl
    It sux to get the wrong item but at least they are taking care of it without issue. :big_smile:

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have tried the doing buisness from house/internet. Had more bad times than good. Once an a blue moon I still do. But
    For as long as I can, I will buy, sale or trade in person. if I cant touch it first , I dont want it. LOL

7. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I feel your pain Gary thats why im getting ready to order some rods from one of our sponsors here at the BOC.

8. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    I have a couple of rods coming from one of our sponsors as well, but I thought I would try out a couple of Tigers too for a lil variety. Hopefully this mess will be straightened out in a week or two when the correct rods arrive. If they are anything like the casting rods they sent, I'm sure I'll be pleased. Maybe my Catfish Safari rods will come about the same time, and I can try em both out at the same time.:big_smile: