Cabelas reels?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Tensas, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Tensas

Tensas New Member

State:
    Louisiana
  2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    not bad looking lets us know if u get one

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I had a 45 but it is now in the bottom of the river,used it twice seemed like a good reel..........:roll_eyes:

4. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    I was looking into getting one so let me know how it works if you buy it. Thanks

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    How true it is I don't know but I have been told by several experienced tackle shop personel, that they are made by Penn for Cabela's ???

No matter who makes 'em, they look good to me :wink:

6. Tensas

Tensas New Member

State:
    Louisiana
  7. bobs bait

bobs bait New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i had 2 of them and found somebody else to own them i use diaiwa line counter more money but you get what you pay for you can go to ebay and find them at a good price had a friend who bought 2 47 for 66 dollars got them then relisted one at a time and made almost double the money just do not be in a hurry i bought some 17 and 27 for less then 30 dollars hope this helps robert

8. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'm going to get some new rigs this year,I'll have to do some more shopping.LOL

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
  10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    hey check out pflueger their well built and well priced

11. Phil King

Phil King New Member

State:
    Mississipp
    I used a couple of these this year and landed a 50 lb fish and a 103 lb catfish on one in the Big Cat Qeust tournament and they can handle a big load no doubt. Both fish were caught on the MS river using 10 to 24 oz of lead to keep the bait down. Just keep the main drive gears greased and you should get good service out of this reel.

12. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I havent used any of these reels myself, but I have also seen ALOT of the SHIMANO trolling reels with the line counters on them (Takota's). Several boats in the Big Cat Quest had them.:wink:

13. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    On a recent trip to Cabelas the sales guy told me (most) of their reels are made by Okuma some of their Spinners are made by Daiwa. Not sure about that model though.

14. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    I own 4 of these reels and have had them for 5 yr and still no problems,they dont cast like my Abu's but they were not made to either.I still dont have a fish over 30 with mine but if Phil says he got that 103 on one they cant be half bad.