Cabela's King Kat Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by BigCatSteve, May 28, 2007.

1. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    Has anyone ever used a Cabela King Kat Rod? Bought two,9 foot and I like them,would like your input if you ever used one

2. Whiskers4U

Whiskers4U New Member

State:
    PA
    I have 3 of these rods and so far they have not let me down. I wish they had better guides on them but for the price I really can't complain.

3. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    These are decent rods for the price. My fishing buddy bought one I used it a few times and it seemed pretty decent. It quickly became his favorite rod and for the price you cant beat it. He sat on it and snapped it in about half. I heard good things about the pros king kat but they have been canceled. I should ordered one when I had the chance.:sad2:

4. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    I agree for the price they are a good rod,I have no complaints about my two that I got.

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Ive got two 8 ft spinning, MH action. Ive got Okuma Epixor EB 50 Baitrunners on them. I landed this flathead last night. I was using 20 lb. Trilene Big Game, 5/0 Eagle Claw Lazer Sharp Kahle Hook, with an offset eye, snell knot, NightCrawlers for bait. It was about 930 pm, in a creek feeding a 175 acre lake. :cool2:

Attached Files:

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Angel , true, the CKKR's are great, but the real deal was when Bass Pro had the BP CatMaxx Rods for 25 bucks. I got 3.

7. onlyriverfish

onlyriverfish Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    james
    Used several last few years and ditto whats been said. Caught alot of larger fish on them with no problems. I just couldn't stand the "cheap guides with inserts" anymore (falling out) so moved on to a better brand rod with real HD S.S. guides that was price tolerable.

8. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Thats a nice fish on night crawlers. It must of put up a fight. :smile2:

9. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    I use a 9' KK Pro spinning combo and it handled the 17lb flathead I caught last night with no problems.

I can't say if it could handle those monsters pictured above but I'd love to have the chance to find out. I'm betting it probably could. I'd be more worried about my 65# line breaking. :lol:

10. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Wow nice fish guys!

11. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I've got a 9 ft. casting rod for sale if anyone is interested, I'll make you a good deal, it's only been used twice, it's a good rod but it's to long for the fishing that I do. If interested, please send me a P.M.

12. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Nice fish Cathunter, how big was it bud?

13. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the advice on the KK rod guys. I was gonna post a thead here asking the same thing. I guess I can order one and not feel too bad about it. Thanks!

14. circlehook

circlehook New Member

State:
    NE
    I bought the KingKat 9' rod/reel combo and love it. great setup for the price :cool2:

15. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    I just ordered a KING KAT II 455 REEK/ BIGWATER SPIN COMBO TW12 have a 10 ft shakesphere with a 5000 c right know figure I would try a 12 footer

16. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    According to the pic it was 45 lbs (45.jpg)

17. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I bought 4 of the king kat pros when they were closing them out at 20 bucks each and they are great for the price. I have caught some 40 and 50 pound fish on them with no problems. They arent light and I think they could have more guides but for 20 bucks what do I have to complain about?

18. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    I caught this one that is on my avatar on my king cat II handle it pretty well I thought 20 lb andes line drag was pretty smooth.

19. 1 cattin dude

1 cattin dude New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I had two 8 footers, now down to one. As far as fighting cats, they're pretty good. As far as getting them hung under the lid of your livewell, not so good. I splintered it halfway between the joint (2-piece rod) and the end of the rod. I replaced it with an 8' Berkley Big Game spinning rod. I'm satisfied with both though.

20. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I have an 8' kingkat pro and I love it. Day in and day out this rod does a great job. If the regular kingkat rod is anything like the pro model you'll love it.