Cabela's King Kat rods?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by F150Catfish, Feb 21, 2007.

1. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I was checking out in Cabela's website, I saw the King Kat rods, it only $19.99, its sound nice rod... Anyone use King Kat rods??? and need opinion?? Thanks

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    I use one they are good for the money.

3. carp46755

carp46755 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have 3 of them. They are good for the price.

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i got 2 i agree

5. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I have eight of them. They are what I bought when I started out. Been very pleased. The 8' MH have landed up to a 46 lbs blue without a problem. The 8' MH do take some of the fun out of smaller fish, less than 10 lbs. For that reason I bought four 6'6" medium rods - what a blast. Even though the are only medium weight and 6'6" I have landed multiple fish between 30-40lbs on them. The action of the Cabela rods work very well with circle hooks and the absorb head shakes like a champ. I would also recommend the 7' one piece MH Ugly Stick catfish rod. Not too pricey at $30-35. Just bought my first Tiger Rod last night, we'll see how it works out this weekend.

6. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I have couple of the older King Kat Pro spinning rods in both 8ft and 9ft. They are great circle hook rods being that their action is pretty slow but I have caught flats up to 43lbs on em without any trouble.

7. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've got one of the rod and reel combos this year. I like the rod, it's the 7 foot m/h rods. Haven't caught any bigguns with it yet, but we'll wait for spring and test em real good.

8. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    Look at my name. Nuff said. :big_smile: