Cabelas king kat reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by jasonminitruck, Dec 12, 2008.

1. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Has anyone tried the cabelas king kat spinning reels. I have had great success just wondering what others thought of these reels.

2. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    I have two King Kat spinning combos. I happen to like them a lot, though I have not had the chance to land anything over 13 lbs, so I am not sure how they would do with the larger fish. The reels are a bit on the cheap side, but seem to get the job done. Just my 2 cents:wink:

3. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    i use them on my channel cat rods they do good for what i use them for

4. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    don't know but sure hope there better then the rods:eek:oooh:, as the ol saying go's is ya get what you pay for:wink:.

5. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    did you have a bad experience with a king kat rod?I have 2 king kat 7' mh action rods 2 okuma abf65 reels on them I never had any trouble

6. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    the king kat reels that came on my combos will get transplanted onto my 6'6" medium rods I use for local channels and carp and the King kat rods with my Okuma reels are for when I go for longer rides for flathunting trips

7. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    the fish in my avatar(25#) was caught on a 6 ft. med. action king kat pole with a different reel, and i have a 7 ft mh that i use all the time and have caught a few nice ones, i think the poles hold up very well, the reels arn't bad for channel cats but for the flatheads ya want a baitrunner

8. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    I havent personaly used one but Ive checked them out at Cabelas. They are a bit small for me. I think they would be really nice reels for channels though.

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have never used any of this equiptment personalley but my nephew is and it has passed thus far but he aint nothing like I am ....(LOL)....:eek:oooh:

10. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I got 2 king kat combos for my Father-in-law for christmas I hope he can test them out we strung them up with berkely big game 30# test :wink:if you loosen the drag it works just like a clicker just tighten down on the drag a bit start reelin and presto fish on I love circle hooks