Cabela's King Kat coming to Texas!

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by KY King Kat, Dec 3, 2008.

1. KY King Kat

KY King Kat New Member

State:
    KY
    The first stop on this years Cabela's King Kat Tournament Trail will be held at Lake Tawakoni, TX 2-28-09.
    Last year this tournament produced a new lake record flathead that weighed 76lbs.
    We have moved the tournament up to Feb. this year to hopefully catch some of those big Lake Tawakoni blues. You may sign up by calling the office at 270 395 6774. Entry is $200 per team. You may have a 3rd partner if one person is over 65 or under 16.
    This will be a guaranteed $5,000 payback to the top 15% of the field. If the field exceeds 33 boats the payback will increase.
    The top 20 teams from this event will be qualified to fish the Cabela's King Kat Classic next fall (location to be announced).
    I hope to see you all there. If you have any questions please give me a call 270 395 6774.
    Thanks

2. trlrman

trlrman New Member

State:
    texas
    yahoooo! fished the last one at t-wok did'nt finish that great but met some awsum people!

3. trlrman

trlrman New Member

State:
    texas
    forgot to say ,good move on changing the date should help on entry's and make for some great stringer weights!

4. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I hope to make it this year. I just need a partner.

5. KevsCatfish

KevsCatfish New Member

State:
    Texas
    Can you give me an idea of what fishing a catfish tournament is like - I may enter with a friend... is it based on weight, size, number, etc...? Is it usually one day?

6. trlrman

trlrman New Member

State:
    texas
    1 day, 5 fish ,heavy stringer,lots of good people!

7. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    some of the biggest blues Ive ever seen . Used to fish it as a kid
    but for bream only. grew up in tyler texas .

8. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka

I would not fish a tournament unless you are ready to be hooked. After fishing my first one three years ago; I cant stop. They are very addictive. If you can afford it I highly recomend you giving it a shot.

I am thinking about coming down and fishing that tournament but will not be able to prefish. In Feb where are the blues hidding at. Here in Kansas they are still in thier deep holes but it is alot colder here that time of year. Are those fish shallow at the end of Feb. or are they still on river channels?

9. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Their will be lots of BIG blues caught in 3 feet of water in late febuary.

10. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka

I love fishing shallow. Count me in!!!!!!:big_smile::big_smile:

11. trlrman

trlrman New Member

State:
    texas
    i would guess it will take 200lbs+ to be in the top 10,not that i can do it, but just guessing