Cabela's in the upstate

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by catchaser1, Dec 30, 2007.

1. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    I heard last week that they were building a Cabela's between greenville and spartanburg for sure, any one else heard this?

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    How awsome would that be?

I hadnt heard but I sure do hope its true.

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    man i hope that's true...the amount of money i would save on shipping & handling charges!!!!!!!!:big_smile::

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Dont believe it until you see it. We were seriously getting one too until Cabellas backed out. Locals find out who is buying the land and all of a sudden think its worth 3 times market value.

5. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Right now there is nothing scheduled for that location, the newest one there doing right now is in Greenwood Indiana, the closest one to you looks like wheeling WV or the one in Hamburg PA. They are susposed to come out with a couple of new locations here in the next few months from what I am told and I think they will be southern states.

6. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Rumors, rumors and more rumors. A year or so ago, I was informed that Cabela's had acquired or had under option a large tract of land between Stateville and Mooresville, NC along I-77. This location would draw from Charlotte, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Asheville, Hickory, Mtn. Airy, etc. Also, I-40 is less than 15 miles from the rumored site.

7. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    last I heard awhile back was that bass pro was looking at some land off 84 and 14 from that it was under fire from local land owners.

8. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I keep thinking that the area around Santee Outlet (right near the junction of I26 and I95) would be an excellent location for a Cabella's or Bass Pro - near the lakes, about half way between Charleston and Columbia and right on the highway for drive by/drop ins.

Bass Pro went and built in Savanah and in North Myrtle, though, so I am stuck here in Charleston, 2 hours from each of those.