Cabelas fish tank

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by kscathunter, Jul 24, 2006.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I was wondering if cabelas got any new blues. my brother n law said he was up there friday while they were feading them and he was talking to the guy feeding them. he asked how mutch the big one weighed and the caretaker said 110 last they weighed it. huh? was my guess that far off or did they get a new one because id have guessed it 85 tops?

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    They have added a big blue or two this summer. I don't know what they weigh, and I'm lousy at estimating, especially in a tank like that. But I'm a little skeptical of 110lbs, just because I haven't heard of anything that big being caught, and I doubt they grow much in those tanks.

3. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I'm with Gary on this one. I had always thought the big one was close to 85-90 pounds. It looked big, but it sure didnt seem like it was over 100. I haven't heard of anything big being caught here either, so I am a big skeptical on them getting any bigger blues than they already had. I have never cared for Cabela's much anyways. Their employees always just seem to be talking to their buddies that visit the store and hardly take two minutes to help me out. I have almost stopped shopping there.

4. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have never seen an 85,90,100, or 110lb. blue in person. So it would be tough for me to speculate weight. The glass magnifies the fish also, so all I can say is that they are of a size that that I can respect and will continue to fish for until the goal is realized.
    Travis, I walked into Cabelas for the first time as a customer, now I am casual friends with some of the staff in the Fishing, Gun Library, and Boating Accessories Departments. Many of them would surely enjoy hearing a funny story about "the one that got away" or would enjoy seeing pics of your fishing success. Pics give you credabilty, and open the door for conversation. Brad K.'s awesome Bluecat(his avatar pic) is on display, I'll bet they talked to him. As an ex-retailer myself, customers sharing their knowledge and experience was helpful to me dealing with other customers that had the same situations arise. So when presented, I was usually very interested in hearing what active participants were willing to share.

5. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Yeah, I saw Brad K.'s picture up on the board. And its more of that they just kind of see me as an irriating teenager that isnt worth their time, so they just want to sit and talk to their buddies. I usually spend at least 50 dollars every time I am in there, so I have money to give them. They just dont seem to value me, so I wont shop there. If it wasnt for the employees I would think it is a great store.

6. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Dang, I forgot to go to it in KS city:angry: , I remember one really big blue in there before.

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    its not just you. I believe I started a thread a while back complaining about their service:crazy: . not always helpful. ive gone in their told them what i was looking for and theyd show me somthing else:angry: another looked up a reel for me to see if they had it computer said they did but would he go in the back and look noooo. someone else went back and got it for me:roll_eyes:

8. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Guys if your upset about the level of service you recieve from cabelas find an manager and complain!!!!!!

Yea the guys in @ cabelas help Me all the time but I don't think it has anything to do with The fish catch, more about the amount of money I spend there. BUT even that sould not matter!!!! You should get good service weather Your spending $30,000 or $3

9. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    I talked to the guy that caught the big 1 up there and it weighed either 85 or 89 when they put it in there last yr or the yr before and he said they will gain 2 pounds a yr when he researched them.

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Thanks a bunch glad to know I was pretty close guess.

11. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    That sounds off to me.Maybe 2# a year in the wild.
    Here is a huge fish,doesn't have to forage for food,has a nice,oxygenated,pollution free home,no competion,temperature changes,waves,etc......

Stick me in a hotel for a year,room service,HBO,A.C.,heat........I'm guessing I would gain more than 2#:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: