Cabelas depthmaster reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Mo.Hick, May 9, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I was at Cabelas today and saw the cabelas depthmaster gold seires reel. Has anyone used these and what did you think of them.

Tom

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    no I have not used one But have been told by a cabelas employee to steer clear of cabelas reels they havve a lot of problems with them.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I chucked mine in the river and bought a Penn33o gt but it wasnt cause I didnt like it(ACCIDENT) My lill bro is using a 45 and it seems to be a very nice reel so far

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I acquired two on the secondary market ($50 each), some guy wanted to buy some weed. The anti-reverse is not good in them. I had a nice flathead to break the reverse latch and I had suffient drag set on the reel. It could not handle the sudden impact of the fish. So, I had to hand line the fish in and lost it at the boat. Also, the line counters on them are not good, but I did not buy it for the line counter.

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I dont think you will see any good reviews on them. I have used other peep's reels and didn't like them at all.

-Jim-

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks guys. Just saw them and wondered what people thought. As usual the members of the BOC have honest feedback.

Tom

7. wpg_catfisher

wpg_catfisher New Member

State:
    manitoba
    hey i have the size 20 non line counter model ive only used it one day but its defintly not the smoothest reel but it did haul in a 37" a 36" a 35" a 33" and a 26" channel cat in one night without any problems