Cabelas customer service...wow just wow

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by foodsaver, Nov 29, 2007.

1. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    As some of you know I broke a rod last weekend. It was a cabelas gold label rod and I was dissapointed because I didnt feel that I did anything wrong when the rod broke. I didn't expect much satisfaction as Cabela's doesn't have a warranty on their rods but I emailed them anyway and let them know how dissapointed I was that the rod broke. I had an email back on Sunday night that they would be sending me a new rod and it came in today. I am just really pleased with the way they stood behind their product and I thought yall should know.

2. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    I order stuff from Cabela's a couple of times a year. I've never had to return anything, but they ship fast and the order is always right. Its reassuring to know you are buying from a company that values its customers and cares about about their satisfaction. Thats why I deal with them. Doug

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cabela's says "100 % Satisfaction Guaranteed". And they mean it! None of the 30 day stuff there.

I've found that out several times. They replaced a Lowrance Sonar/GPS that went bad after 6 months. I called them, they said a shipper would pick it up at my house and they would ship a new one that day. They charged my credit card only until they received the faulty Lowrance. Had that been Bass Pro, I would had to return it to Lowrance and waited for repairs.

You may pay a little more than some of the bargain places but in my books, it's well worth it.

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That is assuring to know considiring taking back this braid i purchased from them for a higher line rating.

5. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    It is good to hear that there is still something called customer satisfaction and the valued customer. Company's that will make sure the customer is satisfied will get my vote everytime. Congrats on the "no hassle" trade-out.

6. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    there was no trade out they actually just took my word for it that it was broke and sent me the same thing I ordered originally.

7. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    it is a great place...Thanks for the update

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I've been shopping cabelas since I was a boy. I tried making the effort to contact bas pro shop once when I was looking for a canoe. gave em my email address & cell phone # and asked them to contact me with their prices to see if it was worth me driving to harrisburg pa from allentown when the cabelas hamburg location is only 40 minutes from me and harrisburg is much further. I had left them a voice mail since no one answered the phone in the boating dept. No one ever got back to me. I guess they didnt want my $600 I was willing to pay. Turned out that do have a model cheaper then what I bought from cabelas but theirs is generic (bass pro brand) and I bought quality (old towne guide series). shame on me for trying to shop around.

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have only been to one store of each and I will say Cabelas was thee one I dont care if I ever goto a bp again.The service was that good.