Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7,241 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and state we probably would NOT have won lol We prefished for a day and a half before they postponed it, and we had two bites and thats it! 3 of us fished HARD, with bait as fresh as it gets, some awesome GPS coordinates, and two bites. Not one fish! So probably not such a bad thing its postponed lol Just turned out to be an expensive 2 day fishing trip to the Missouri, coupled with WAS the entire time. (Wet A$$ Syndrome) :rolleyes:

Reactions: olejer

· Registered
153 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and state we probably would NOT have won lol We prefished for a day and a half before they postponed it, and we had two bites and thats it! 3 of us fished HARD, with bait as fresh as it gets, some awesome GPS coordinates, and two bites. Not one fish! So probably not such a bad thing its postponed lol Just turned out to be an expensive 2 day fishing trip to the Missouri, coupled with WAS the entire time. (Wet A$$ Syndrome) :rolleyes:
I wish I new you guys were here a couple days early I would have came by and said hello!

· Registered
1,516 Posts
Nanner that is a shame that all you guys got was just two bites. But let me tell you that is a great strech of river to fish. I have caught several big blues from that strech of river and lost many others to no good hook sets. That has to be my favorite strech of Mo river.

Tom

· Registered
3,648 Posts
IWe prefished for a day and a half before they postponed it, and we had two bites and thats it!
Heck, That's better than I had done on the Missouri in the past 2 weeks, lol. I bailed on fishing this tourney earlier in the week, as my prefishing sucked and my partner had lost interest. I hate to see people have their travel plans messed up, but I'm hoping for and expecting better fishing come July.

That said, the KC Catfish tourney today was won with a good weight by Loftin / Young, who would have probably been fishing the same waters in the Cabelas tourney.

· Registered
7,241 Posts
I figured somebody would find some active fish. They always do. Those KC boys know how to fish that high water every spring being as they are forced to deal with it. We wanted to come fish the KC event on Saturday, but we just couldnt justify the expense of heading west another hour, on unfamiliar water. Being wet and cold for 2 days of prefishing around Miami and Brunswick kind of took the wind out of our sails for sure. With the flood conditions, and spawn upcoming, it gives me some time to play catch up with honeydoos, and some other things that need tending too. Hopefully by mid July things will have settled down some and the river be in good condition to start targeting the fish again.

· Registered
1,979 Posts
I figured somebody would find some active fish. They always do. Those KC boys know how to fish that high water every spring being as they are forced to deal with it. We wanted to come fish the KC event on Saturday, but we just couldnt justify the expense of heading west another hour, on unfamiliar water. Being wet and cold for 2 days of prefishing around Miami and Brunswick kind of took the wind out of our sails for sure. With the flood conditions, and spawn upcoming, it gives me some time to play catch up with honeydoos, and some other things that need tending too. Hopefully by mid July things will have settled down some and the river be in good condition to start targeting the fish again.
It was nice to chat with ya again Cuz, to bad you guys made the drive over for such crappy river conditions. Hopefully things will look better by July!!!!!!!
proly see ya then,
Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.