Cabelas advantage angler backpack

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by beakus, Jan 26, 2007.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    I got one of these for myself for christmas and i finally got it a few weeks ago(long backorder).i am very pleased with it so far,mush better than the ugly stick bag i had.it has 4 plano3600 storage bins,but i did go to the store and found a better selection of bins.but this thing will hold everything i have with room to spare.so far i'v stuck all thehooks,sinkers,swivles,pliers,bug spray,frog toggs,pop up lantern,fish scale,fillit knife,rags,stringer,25ft-1/4" cord,a few glow sticks and still have room to spare.so if your looking for a tackle box/bag this is a good one.everythings in one place so all i do is grab the bag and a few rods and i'm gone fishing!

2. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    If you fish from the bank, backpacks are the way to go. When you get rid of the tackle box and switch over to the backpack you'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago. I grew up (arguable) bass fishing in sand and gravel pits that were overgrown and steepsided. Having a hand free to negotiate the terrain was priceless.

3. IamMike

IamMike New Member

State:
    Ohio (near cincy)
    I've been using a back pack for years for bank fishing. Its one of the best things I have ever done, and I'm shocked to think it has taken this long for a company to market a 'fishing backpack'. Gotta love the pack pack, frees up a hand to carry something else.

Another thing I have seen is a stool that has pockets and little boxes for gear.

4. Bob R

Bob R New Member

State:
    Woodbridge, VA
    Ive also been using a back pack for years. Its all around better than a tackle box.

5. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Yep backpacks are the way to go. There is alot of non fishing gear (camera, food/water, ect). I bring with me for a comfortable night of fishing. Leaves your hands free to carry your rod and bait bucket.

6. luke1wcu

luke1wcu New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I recently purchased a Plano Guide Series 3307 backpack. Its kinda bulky but I guess thats what it takes to carry everything along that I want to have out there with me. I have been through countless tackle organization alternatives in my lifetime and have settled on this one....hopefully for good.

7. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Bass Pro had one (wierd design) that they had for $20 w/ three BPS boxes in it... It was basically a regular backpack w/ side pouches and 2 on the front... a small and large main pocket that'd fit a couple of 3700 series from plano or the 370 series from BPS... and then zippered and buckled to the bottom was the tackle box area... it was a 3 tacklebox holder for 3600 series boxes that could be detached and used as a seperate tackle box...

I bought 2 one for me and one for use at the fishing camp i work at (so it'd be one big container rather then a backpack and tackle boxes filled w/ stuff..)

Well mine filled weigh's 30+lbs and the biggest problem is weight placement... the tackle boxes are all at the bottom of the bag so 25lbs is down there rather then being up higher like i'd like it to be...

I also used to use a Flambeau backpack which held the 2 3600 series boxes in the bag its self but that took up space in the back pack and taking then in and out of the bag was a pain... i'd probably still use it if i've got a long way to go but only if i don't have much to carry...

8. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Bryan, I have one just like what you are talking about. Mine's made by Plano, I got it at Gander Mountain for about $20. I totally agree that the weight doesn't sit in it just right, but it's still better than a single strap tackle bag for bank fishing IMO. My daughter bought one of those backpacks by Flambeau, I don't care for it much at all, just my personal preferrence.

Jon