C3 and CL3 Difference?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by miichael, Aug 17, 2006.

1. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Whats difference in C3 and CL3? Guy has 2 abu garcia 6500's on matching 10ft shimano rods with ground rod holders for $100 One reel is C3 other is CL3? Is this setup worth 100? Rods are 10ft shimano sar 100m line weight 15-30lbs.

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The L is for left handed

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Shimano makes some good rods and some not so good rods. But, even the cheap ones will hold up longer than some others. Basically, used rods, unless well taken care of or rarely used are a chancy buy. I'd discount the rods and look at the reels. To me, the rods may be worth maybe $10 each at the most. The reels can be gotten new at a lot of places for under $70, even cheaper at Wally World. Condition and age determine the worth of a reel to me. Condition is more important than age, though. If this is the same set up that was talked about on another thread, I'd urge caution. The poster said the guy didn't take care of his stuff. Better to spend that $100 plus a few bucks more on one new reel and a good rod than to take a hit on two bad reels.

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I thought Walmart carried the CL3 as opposed to the C3 I thought all the left reels ended in a 1 instead of a 0 but I could well be wrong.

5. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Both the cl3 and the c3 handles are on the same side. There on right side so you turn it with right hand. Are they worth $100 for 2 reels 2 rods and stands? I can get the c3 6500 from catfish connection for $60 each. I figure the used reels are work 30 each and rods are worth 10 each and stands worth 10 each.

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Tyler is right, I bought one of the CL3 Abu reels at Walmart back in the spring on clearance for $40. The only difference is the CL3 has a gold anodized spool and star drag. They function exactly the same and have the same specs. Walmart does however carry the C3 also, at least every one I've ever been to.