C.R.-45 Canal Indian River Florida

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by CATFISH2598, Apr 21, 2008.

1. CATFISH2598

CATFISH2598 New Member

State:
    Marshall, Texas
    ALL I HAD A GREAT DAY BANK FISHIN AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE POSITIVE NUMBERS THAT I HAD THIS WEEKEND. wENT FISHIN AT THE C.R.-54 CANNAL LOCAL HERE IN MY AREA. FISHED FOR ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT. HAD CATFISHIN ON THE BRAIN, ANY WAY I FOUND SOME REALL GOOD DEEP HOLES AND THE BITE WAS ON. SO I SET UP CAMP AT ON LITTLE SPOT AND IT WAS A HUNNY HOLE. FILLED UP THE COOLER WITH 1-3 LBS AND RELEASED A FEW OF THE 6-7 POUNDERS AS THEY WERE A BIT OLDER AND I BELIVE IN CONSERVATION. FISH STARTED TO BITE AS THE BANK LIGHT WENT DOWN AND THE WATERS STARTED TO CALM ROUND 8PM OR SO. FISH STARTED TO HIT AROUND 930PM AND CONTINUED WITH A REGULAR 5 MIN INTERVEL BETWEEN BITES. BOUT ENOUGH TIME TO BAIT A HOOK WITH WORM AND GET IT SET AND THE BELLS WERE DING DING AND THEN THE BELL WOULD FLY OFF AS HARD AS THEY WERE HITTIN. hAD TO TIE SOME FISHIN LINE LOOSE TO THE STEMS TO KEEP FROM LOSSIN THEM IN THE WATER. LOTS OF BULLHEAD AS ANY ONE KNOWS IN FLORIDA BUT A FEW BLUES SURFACED AND A FEW WHITE CATFISH. aLL WERE FUN TO CATCH AND CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS WEEKEND. DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IF YOU HAVE A BOAT OR NOT YOU JINGEL A FISHIN BELL AND ALL OF US KNOW WHAT THAT SOUND MEANS. HERE KITTY KITTY KITYY. GOO LUCK FISHIN.

2. catman fl

catman fl New Member

State:
    fl
    re: you talk about c.r.54 cannal. do you mean the c 54 cannal in fellsmere. I live in indian river & fished most of the water around here.
    robin