C.P.R. sound off!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Esox Hunter, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Hi all:

Would all strict C.P.R. (catch, photo, release) BOC'ers please SOUND OFF!!!!!!

Thank You.

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Guilty as charged! :cool2:

3. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That's me, too!

Haven' t killed a cat in years.
    Only way I kill fish lately is by feeding them to other fish.

Not that there's anything wrong with eating fish, as long as people are selective and don't get greedy. I just prefer to release them so I can catch them again. (Attention PETA: that's right, I am a serial fish torturer!)

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    That would be me...W

5. JenJen

JenJen New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    My husband, GatorT, and I are also guilty as charged. (I do feel honor bound to confess that I suspect my husband's main reasoning is that he hates to clean the fish. Especially at four or five o'clock in the morning.)

And, yeah, JAinSC, you took the words from my mouth. I may just have to rethink this whole fishing thing now that I know that "a child is a dog is a fish," according to PETA.:wink: I didn't know that when I went fishing, I might as well have been slipping hooks into my children's mouths... good grief! I swear, some people just don't have enough to think about. They need to take up a hobby or something - maybe fishing?:lol:

6. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana

7. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

I'm With you on this one.lmao. I only kill what I'm gonna eat,not to see how much I put in the freezer for winter!! anything above 5 lbs will live.but watch out when I get hungry those smaller fishes are on the dinner plate.lol CPR is saving The BIG ONES for our childrens future so that they will be on the BOC post pics of the ones that we all released!![/quote]

Thanks guys:

I hope to get more responses to this post. My stance is this: If it's BIG, it goes back for somebody else to catch, if it ain't big, it's BAIT for something bigger...........period.

Tight Lines & Good Luck.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OH NO! Here we go. LOL! I put em all back. Primarily cause it ain't safe to eat em. Especially the big ones. That combined with the fact that the waters are gettin pounded harder than ever help make my decision. Just ask the Santee boys whats goin on. I've always found that the latge ones taste like a shoe and if ya trim em down there is alot of waste.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I like to release em before I catch em. :tounge_out:

I release 99.9% of the fish I catch. I usually just buy a box of catfish nuggets from Wally World. lol

10. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Other than deer, which I hate, I haven't killed anything in years. I have more fun catching nothing, than seeing my pole go down. When I do catch them I cross myself, toss em back or take 'em home to my ponds. I treat them like the French across your channel. I toss 'em back and hope they don't ask me to save their lives again. John

11. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Thanks for the response john:

I don't understand why you hate deer so much though.

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yep, I practice CPR and and PROUD of it!!!

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    CPR All Catfish regardless of size. Just love the sport of fishing and never want to see it:lol::big_smile: end.

14. txcats

txcats New Member

State:
    Texas
    I CPR everything over 8lbs. I have to let my family eat some every now and then, or they would feed me to the fishies. :ah:

15. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

State:
    North Central, Missouri
    I'd like to see a poll on this one. I do keep fish but only what my wife and I know we will enjoy, the rest get released.

16. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Reckon I fall into that group... except lately I haven't Cee'd, Pee'd, or ar'd:roll_eyes:

17. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

18. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I cpr all fish that I don't want to eat or clean usually over ten lbs. .
    I keep a couple good meals a year, if I never brought anything home the wife would think I was having an affair or something crazy like that.
    After all I don't get home till early morn some times.

19. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i only keep a few small ones a season. everything over 6#s is released!

20. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Release all that I catch. Want to catch them again.