C.O.T. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, Mar 25, 2007.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    The car of tommorrow is here. I think there is still a lot of work to be done. Seems the splitter on the front caused a lot of flat tires at Bristol. The black wing is ugly. lol

2. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Uhhh, where is the photo of this thing?????????? Or is it INVISIBLE too??????????? :lol:
    Cordially, :smile2:
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    It's ugly!:crazy: It don't like it one bit!:angry:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm not sold on the looks of it yet. This was a very boring Bristol race-IMO. The week I didn't pick Kyle Bush,he wins.LOL!
    My Mom was there,I had to sell my tickets because I couldn't physically make it.I'll ask her how it was.Overall,not too bad for the first race but not enough bumping and aggressiveness...:big_smile:

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I dont like it, looks nothing like a stock car should

Attached Files:

• COT.jpg
      COT.jpg
      File size:
      56.7 KB
      Views:
  6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Not surprising to me that it wasn't a typical Bristol crash and bang.Much like Vegas the drivers were very tentative with the COT just like they were with the new track surface etc at Vegas.Most were trying to see what they had car wise without wrecking and just tryed to finish the race.Good day for Hendricks 1st, 3rd, 10th, and 16th."Poor" Jimmy had a flat or he would have been in there also.Happy to see Casey Mears get an opportunity to actually finish a race without somebody wrecking him.I think we will see more not so normal races with the COT until everyone gets comfortable with it.Unfortunately they aren't learning to much about the aero package at the short tracks.I think Gordon is doing everything he can to win the championship this year thats why he settled for 3rd without risking any bumper banging on the last 2 laps.Good race.

7. Ecfool

Ecfool New Member

State:
    California
    I must agree it is kinda "butttugly" but its here to stay so get used to it. i think once the teams figure out how to "tweak" the wing n front air dam or "whateverdaheckya callit" that down force and speed should be up slightly in corners at least. The looks kinda remind me of a early dirt late model.
    Now if they can work dang bugs outta dadgum fuel pump cable, dang I was pissed about Smoke gettin put out by that simple dang cable drive system. He was definately "smokin" em

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    No - I don't think I will get used to it! I will find other things to do with my time than watch these C.O.T. race,. Sorry, I'm one unhappy Nascar fan!:angry:

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dont care for the "Car Of Tomarrow", or what I think may come of it in the future. Seems as if Nascar is trying to tie the team owners and car builders hands. Whats next, Nascar mandated carbon copy cars with sealed engines, trannys, rear diffs, spec tires and shocks? Why not just pay Nascar an annual fee, show up at the track, draw a cookie cutter car number out of a hat and race. The sport built its roots on individual and team inovations. Now if it dont have Nascars blessing its all called cheating.

10. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey here's an idea! Why dont Nascar just drag out all of the old IROC cars and play roulette for car colors before each race. "Place your bets drivers", clikity clik clik clik, "Red #7! Congratulations Mr. Gordon, here's the keys. Do you want the optional insurance?:lol:

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    They aren't going to quit until they have what is essentially an open wheel racer like F-1. They are taking the racing out of racing and have been for a long time.
    With their fancy air spitters you've created something where nobody wants to risk its damage. Another delicate piece of anti bump draft, anti nose to the slow car holding the field up, and anti race legislation.

If its dirty air they wanted all they had to do was make it so you ran a stock shaped front bumper /valance like they used to until the mid 80's.
    That was the last real racing we saw. Take away all this track dragging ground effect that isnt STOCK. Its not necessary to racing. Its just necessary for all of them to go faster.
    At these speeds, what is 5 or 10 MPH? The fan cant tell the difference.

12. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Barry, I think the IROCOT is what we have now lol. They were just talking about that on nascar now on espn last night. The only area left up to the teams to mess with is the front springs. What gives? There is only so much you can do with that. They were saying the cars are just like iroc cars and it will be up to the driver to win on skill. No more ingenuity on the teams part is allowed. Once everyone gets the basics down that will be it. I don't think its good for nascar. Like you said the sport was founded on guys wrenching and tuning their cars in the garage to out perform the competition. Now they all have the same car. If I wanted to watch IROC I would. I never watched it cause it was boring. Do they still even have Iroc races? lol