C-City Steamplant

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Puddycat, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Puddycat

Puddycat New Member

State:
    Clarksville,TN
    Have the skipjack or striper been running down at the steam plant recently? I might head down there tomorrow morning or Friday morning. Info. anyone?

2. my4x4awd

my4x4awd New Member

State:
    TN
    Im going thursday and friday if my fishing partners dont stand me up. 2 weeks ago they were catching skippys and stripers at the outlet. Not sure if down stream yet. I did see a few comming up and running downstream for stripers. I know some of the guys were there last week. Look for me and say hey. I have a tan starcraft v-bottom.

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I was there last Saturday and caught a couple of coolers of skips and saw a few decent rockfish caught. The skips were so tight to the wall at times you could get them with the shad basket 2 or 3 at a time...W

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am going to pickwick dam today and will stay several days at campground. I'll report back if I see anything there.

Danny

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    They were aboput a week ago when I was down there. They were going nuts about sunset.

6. cattfishingking

cattfishingking New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    yea dont know about the skipjack havnt fished there in a while

7. cattfishingking

cattfishingking New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    yea my dad said its too cold to fish i think its great out if i do go ill be in a grey Deep V

8. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    was there this weekend plant not running and no skips seen 3 caught in 6 hours. you can't even buy a shad there now..

9. Clovis

Clovis New Member

State:
    Paris Tennessee
    Yeah, What ^he said.

10. my4x4awd

my4x4awd New Member

State:
    TN
    I was there on the Thursday the 5th of April. We were on the far side of the wall from the parking lot. The water wasnt running but we caught 10 skip jacks in about 45 minutes. Thanks to catman of ownesboro for the tip, The twist tails did the trick. We only caught three blues and two stripers that day. Two 3lb blues we kept and one 17lb blue we released.

Craig

11. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    did they shut down for repairs or what?
    anyone know when they will be back up and running?
    this is killing the strippers isn't it?
    I mean I'm use to going out getting shad and skips without any problem around this time here of the year. I think I will go out and give them a try any ways, Just for GP.

12. xmannt

xmannt New Member

State:
    TN
    How was the fishing? I have been told that the weather affects the cats bitting. Just wondering cause the weather is steady changing and I really want to do some fishing before i leave the area.

13. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    I went over to the steamplant area after work yesterday and they still were not 'generating'...only 2 cars in the parking lot!

After making several phone calls this morning to TVA, finally was transferred to a very nice lady that gave me the unofficial story. The lakes on the Cumberland are all lower than they should be at this time of year and they are trying NOT to lower them further. Apparently a small percentage of water is lost in the cooling process of the plant.
    The demand for power has also been reduced.

There is no maintenance occurring at this time.

So, in a nutshell we need rain!

I would imagine this was caused in part due to the Wolf Creek(Cumberland lake) leaking and and the reservoirs being lowered in case bad things happen...just my speculation.

cyas
    robert

14. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    The only affect Wolf Creek should have on the river is when they lowered it and when they start filling it again. No matter what level they decide to keep it at, they still have to hold and release water to keep it there. Same as before. We just need the rain. I didn't know it was bad enough to shut down the steamplant, that's interesting. Wonder why they're building that new set of transmission lines to feed power to the Nashville area if they can afford to shut down? LOL