The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this VRO delete pump forever. It is a "normal" fuel pump mounted on a bracket that then mounts to the existing fuel bracket for VRO engines.
therefore the vapor separator and primer solenoid etc are retained.
here is a pic of it tentatively mounted

here is a picture of the original $500 VRO pump mounted

I did have to grind the lower corner off of the aftermarket bracket to clearance the pulse line.
anyhow I am fixing to go try it out

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fired up first crank

still running 15 mins later
put it in gear
sounds good
time to run back to the house for some fishing rods during the sea trials

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Best of luck on all accounts, running engine and catching fish. Is the water always that's muddy looking? I just ask because the lake I fish is very muddy looking all the time it only has an 8" visibility in it. Maybe your on a river and because of current they are always like that I don't know. I just like learning about others

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man so far so good!
been cruisin for a while

unfortunately saw this guy

really sad
poor guy

Reactions: Cuda and ramon06

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Mooseman sorry I didnt see your post earlier. yes it is muddy that is just the saltwater river by my house.
I couldnt find any bait whatsoever.
I really wanted to beach and mess around on the bank throwing a cast net and wade fishing etc so I found a real pretty spot
and when I was about a foot deep I jumped out with the rope to pull it the rest of the way and immediately it became apparent that even in shallow water the water temp was not comfortable.
so I tried a few spots throwing a silver spoon hoping I could run into a redfish or speckled trout maybe a flounder and the wind got even worse so I called it a day.

overall I am calling the VRO delete a success. the boat ran really good. I always like to stick to original equipment but in this instance I am pleased with the change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts