Buzzin' children.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Apr 6, 2007.

Ever heard of Heely wheelie shoes?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Last week I was shopping, looking at the Easter stuff for Korbin. I was about 4 ft . back at the next row's shelves, when suddenly a young boy about 8 or 9 seemed to skate right past me. :eek:oooh: My eyes never left the floor trying to figure out how this young man appeared to be floating on air and doing circles on the floor, looking at me, like he was watching for the questions to begin. I said, Whoa, what was that or is that? He flipped his foot up to show me the sole of his sneaker/tennis shoe, and much to my surprize there was a wheel on the heel of the shoe.

WOW, an old, feeble woman might be able to travel without gasoline, just more Dr. bills from ...........uh huh! :beat_plaster: flying down the pavement, as my body is a rag wiping up the snow and water.

Anyway, the poll is did you know about these shoes prior to reading this? I never seen such a time that child was having on those shoes. Heck we all might need a pair to 'skate' thru life.

More ramblings from,
    Cheryl

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    My kids have been wanting them for a long time now. Ive seen kids wearing them at Walmart and at the local malls. My wife isnt really crazy about them so we never got them for the kids. They cost approx. $60.00 at a local skate store where I live.

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    A lot of retail stores have banned there use inside the store. Makes sense considering how fast you can move with those things.

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I want me some!

Do they come in 14EEE?:lol:

5. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Do they come with a complementary crash helmet?? :big_smile:

6. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Some of the people in HI would argue that it's too late for a crash helmet to help me!:lol:

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My grandson and a few of his friends have them. Wonder when the first lawsuit will be filed..?

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm not smiling at you, I'm trying not to laugh!

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sheila's son put a pair of those on last year, and within 5 minutes he broke his arm. He rides a skateboard too, so it's not like he's uncoordinated. Now he wants a pair for his birthday!! Those things are dangerous, and someone should sue them. They should be pulled from the shelf like lawn darts. JMHO

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I never knew the name so I voted no but ive seen kids with them on for a while now. One kid in particular must not be very athletic LOL I was in the mall one day and watched this kid try to be cool in front of soem passerbys and he went down no less than 5 times in a 10ft span. I didnt want to make the kid feel bad so I acted like I didnt see it. I have a good feeling that i wont be seeing him in the Xgames in the future LOL

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    whats wrong with lawn darts LOL:beat_shot:

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thats what I was thinking...:lol: I used to love playing those!:cool2:

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Kids should all be issued lawn darts!! Might eliminate a few of the brats. Only thing as bad as a kid, is a cat. Now I love kittens and I love adult people, it's them darn cats and kids that wear on my nerves. I always thought God made a mistake, He should have made it so that kittens grow up to be adult people!

13. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    My grandkids love those skate shoes or what ever there called. As for me I'll stick to walkin.

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    My Youngest grandson has some he came over and scooted my :cool2: me And I said what the world I tryed to get him to let me have them nooo way

15. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Seen the same thing at wal-mart thought i was seeing thins lol :big_smile:

16. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    Do they come in "big girl" sizes......12s for me.

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    My 14 year old daughter has a pair! I told her she is gonna get hurt wearing them things but so far she hasn't. I'm just hoping the fad wears off fast before she does get hurt!:roll_eyes:

P.S. I didn't buy them for her!

18. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Not to worry! Kids today have all the protective equipment in the world! Elbow pads, Knee pads, Helmet, gloves...even chest protectors! When we were little (depending on everyone's age here) I can remember having no pads at all except for socks that came up to my knees:roll_eyes: ! I'd go screaming down the side walk with my metal wheel skates! I'd crash into cars, trees...my brother! After brushing myself off and a little peroxide to clean up my scrapes and maybe a few tears:roll_eyes: ...I was back on the block and ready to play!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

19. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I've seen a few pairs on some l'il feet coming through the store lately, and I must say it's a bit worrisome. Workin' in the gift department of a retail store, with all the glass shelving we have.....well, scary really. And they're not wearing any protective GEAR while they're shopping.
    Cheryl, I was never even very good at roller skating! I'd probably kill myself with a pair of those things :roll_eyes:. Think I'll keep my feet firmly planted on the ground, and forego the wheels!

20. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've seen them and they worry me. I've broken all ten fingers at least once apiece, all ten toes at least ones apiece, a few bones in my feet, broke four ribs, broke my shoulder, broke my wrist, broke my leg and my elbow......all while on solid ground without the help of skates! I don't think I need any wheels on my shoes!