Buzzards at Dutche's Gap or Deep Bottom.

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by littlepony, Jul 4, 2009.

1. littlepony

littlepony New Member

State:
    virginia
    Hi guys kinda new here. I was talking to a friend the other day and he was telling me that either Dutche's Gap or Deep Bottom had a problem with buzzards roosting at the boat ramp & messing on your ride. :eek:oooh: Is this true if so which one has the problem? I been thinking about fishing up that way some. Any info would be great. Thanks!

2. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    its Dutch Gap, as soon as you roll in they are everywhere with signs posted saying the Park is not responsible. But I park my Avalanche their every weekend purposely trying to run them over lol and I've never had them dump on my truck.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ain't no lie about the signs. LOL! Blew me away first time I saw them. :smile2:

4. Leftenant

Leftenant New Member

State:
    NC
    Fished out of Dutch Gap many times and have never had a problem with them. I have seen them roosting in and all around the parking lot. I have also heard some nightmare stories about peoples trucks getting dumped on hard. My best advice is don't have any trash in the back of your truck when you go there. Tight Lines!!!!!

5. littlepony

littlepony New Member

State:
    virginia
    HEY RAMON06 got your PM, But BOC want let me send you one until I have 10 posts. Any way I have seen bank fishing at the power plant where the warm water comes in. I think it's power plant it or may be some other kind of plant, but I think it's the Honeywell plant on RT. 10 and between the draw bridge and restuartant on Jordan Point side. Don't know nothing about the parking and how to get to the spots.

6. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Just start posting answers to other peoples threads and you will be at you first ten posts mighty quick and real fast.

Before the BOC switched servers and everyone had to start over at 0 I had over 2000 posts in a span of 2 years and that was in Aug of 2005, so it doesn't take much for them to start adding up. I slacked way off since then as you can tell by my current number of 85 plus whatever is posted in the High intensity area which doesn't count toward your total number...anyway good luck and start posting.

7. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I used to launch from DG all the time and luckily never got attacked. I don't think my truck was new or shiny enough.

Aside from the crapping bit, they also eat the rubber on your car.....rubber trim, windshield wipers, etc......

There are also two species of buzzards that frequent that ramp. Be careful of both.:wink:

8. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Seems to me like someone needs to stand "buzzard guard" at the dock and parking lot.

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    The game commission devulturizes every couple of years. Big bunch of crap involved getting all the appropriate permissions. Last time I think they killed over 500.

10. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    wow.. boy would i love to get on that list and shoot them things

11. littlepony

littlepony New Member

State:
    virginia
    I would like to get in on the list to as long as you don't have to pick up what you shot.:eek:oooh: I found one dead in the cow pasture at home one time. It stayed there until it rotted. Coyotes or nothing would touch it.

12. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    That's hilarious, Jason!

Welcome to the BOC, by the way! :0a25: