Buying stinkbait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by amatuer cat catcher, Aug 14, 2006.

1. amatuer cat catcher

amatuer cat catcher New Member

State:
    NC
    at my local dicks you can buy stinkbait is that stuff anygood?

2. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    guess it will work, I personally dont use stinkbait as that only seems to catch channels and I prefer flatties or blues and they seem to prefer live bait or cut shad etc... thats just my .02 I'm sure that several guys here use that stuff much more than I do and I'm sure they have success with it Just a thought you would probably do just as well using shrimp, or livers or you could even make your own stinkbait there are a number of recipies here that sound as they would do pretty well:smile2:

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    The good thing about stinkbait is it seems to last forever in the package. Try some magic bait, they are a sponsor of the board. I usually keep a pack in my tackle box at all times. The same opened pack has been in there for at least two years. I get the most bites on the blood, shad, or cheese flavors.
    If your liver or worms or whatever your using isnt working you will always have that stinkbait to try.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got some stinkbait in the mail yesterday.I seen an advertisement from Magic Bait selling 3 packages each different flavor thats already cubes and ready for the hook.This is suppose to have stuff in it that creates a feeding frenzy and was started some 20 years ago in Britan.They swear the stuff works.I got all three pakages for $15.00 which wasn't a bad price.Has anyone ever heard about and tried it or have I just gotten ripped off? I'm really curious!-----------pk powell:smile2:

5. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    What brand of stink bait is it?

6. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think you got ripped off, mix some up in the home. Look up the links here on the BOC.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have caught more channels on Hog Wild Premo with Looper Rigs then any other bait.

8. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Pk- the magic bait you got does work, and you did not get ripped off, i usually pay 5.99 per bag.

I have caught many channels on hog wild and i new brand called wicked sticky, the wicked sticky seems to stay on the hook better than the hog wild.

9. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Junnies brand is pretty good ,I have caught several up to 10lbs .

10. amatuer cat catcher

amatuer cat catcher New Member

State:
    NC
    ok thanks for the help guys i think im just gonn use some whole gills at he dam

11. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    They'll deffinately catch bigger fish!!!

I don't use to much stink bait

Good Luck on the water!

Josh