Buying Skippies?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by 1442ncs, Oct 8, 2008.

1. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    Does anyone know where you can buy sippies at around western KY? I saw them on ebay once but can't remember how I even found them. Lost all of mine with the big power outage and haven't been able to find any yet.

thanks in advance

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am not sure where you could buy them, but they should be fairly easy to get down there. Good luck brother

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Here is the link you saw on ebay::
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Fish-On-Bait-Sa...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

That link will take you back to where you found them.

4. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    Try the Newburg dam at dawn or dusk got a bunch there the other night bout the size of the ones for sale on ebay. They started hitting right at dusk and quit at dark but still managed to get 60.

5. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    thanks for the replys some finally showed up at rochester dam this morning. Got a few for the freezer. I'm going back this evening to try for some more.

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    catfish john and I went to greenup L/D about a month ago and caught Skipjack all day long fished for them for about 8 or 9 hours. Think we caught 160 or 170 some of them some were 12 to 14 " long most were smaller though. Used Sabiki rigs and 1/32 oz. jigs.with white curly tail grubs. Seamed the jigs caught the bigger one.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Yeh we did. I'm ready for another trip like that one. No other tackle, just the basics for skippies and a cooler with ice for them. I'd really like to get the freezer stocked up more, I'm down to not many left already...:sad2:

8. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    What size sabiki rigs do you all use? I've got #6 I think they seem a little to small. The hooks straighten really easy.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I'm pretty sure thats what size mine are also. I haven't had a problem with them straightening out but I haven't caught any huge ones. Biggest skippie was probably 12-14" and I also caught a Carp that was about 15-16" long with no problems at all.

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I picked up 2 at Sportsmens Warehouse yesterday size 10 hooks 10# test line. Going to try them .
    They were made by Mustad