Buying bait in North Georgia

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Klag, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Can I buy live shad/blueback herring to cut up and use as bait at a bait shop? If so, anyone know what bait shops sell them live?

I'm in Duluth, but usually end up fishing Lanier somewhere. The baby cats keep getting my worms so I want to move up to cut bait to try to get something bigger.

2. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    The closes place that I would know to you would be the dam store just before you get to Lake Lanier Dam. On up the road at Oakwood the Outdoor Lodge has started selling blue backs. I have heard good thing about the quality of their bluebacks. Also the most popular place around Lake Lanier is Hammond's. It's up highway 53 out of Gainesville but that would be a long drive for you.These are the only places I know of in this area. Hope this helps.

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I know im gonna regret this but oakwoodsportsmanlodge on mcever road sell frozen and live bluebacks. Just make sure ya leave a pack or two of the frozen for me

4. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    dave, i use to fish ther enad blue is good in that lake i know but other than that the baby cats are going to get alot of your bait. wher in duluth you at i use to live ther ein the 89s and 90s have not been back there since 98 it has been changing i hear. thanks sandy