Buying bait from those who care & are in need

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by heyop_erator, May 27, 2009.

1. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We came across a family in need this last weekend, as we went to Melvern the town. The children are catching and raising bait to sell,helping the family pay the bills since their Father is suffering from a killer form of arthritis. If you are going to the gathering at the lake and could use any bait or maybe a tip on the hot spots, you could contact these wonderfull kids at Marais des Cygnes Nightcrawlers 7855493222. The bait is lively and worms are fresh and they always add an extra one to the dozen. The prices would be hard to beat anywhere. Thanks to everyone who helps these friendly folks in their time of need. We will deliver the bait to the gathering for you if you like, since we plan to pick some up on the way, just let us know. Thanks again,Teri and Gary

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thats way cool yer helping these people out my hats off to ya "RIGHT ON!"
    you two have a safe and blessed one at the gathering to:cool2:

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You guys are great. Kudos to you and all those of a like mind. I won't make the gathering, but PM me and I'll be more than happy to make a donation. Keep up the caring and sharing!!!

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    pulls at the heart, little ones hustlin bait to help out Dad, bless um lord.

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    AMEN brother

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Teri, appreciate your offer. If you will, bring me two dozen. Can I just square away the cost with you at the gathering, or should I send it to you?
    Good of you to spread the word for the kids.:0a24::beauty:

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Great stuff you guys......My order has been placed.

See you at the gathering next week.

8. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks to all of the members for the bait orders. They kids have a 12' jon boat with quite a few patches and no motor. I know right now they are just getting by but are hoping to get a small motor if they can sell extra bait. These people are not looking for a hand out just a hand up.

9. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Let's keep an eye out for a small motor, shall we? Perhaps we could be of
    some more direct assistance, Hmm?

10. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We hope to get a couple of the kids to come over and deliver the bait to everyone at the gathering. I thought maybe they could be paid for showing us all of the hot spots to fish? These children not only catch bait but catch the food that feeds this family too. I know their Dad does the best he can but even walking is a hardship on the man. The boys are fishermen is the true sense of the word. I was truely touched by these kids and I believe you will be too.

11. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Teri,that would be great to have them come over so we can meet them.

The BOC is all about helping each other in this BIg old fishing world and i think we can go a bit father and invite them all over on Sat night for our gathering food fest.

I dont think anyone would object to this so please invite them over Sat for some fine food and to let us meet them.

12. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i also would like to donate to help out pm me if ya will thanks

13. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    I am on board with this Tom. If we see them, we will be the more willing
    to find what they need to continue this venture. So far I've heard they
    need a small motor for their boat and a computer to get on line. I'm
    sure we can come up with stuff to help out.

14. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I wanted to let everyone know that I had a motor donated by bedbugjr today. A VERY nice Mercury 4hp that has the till steer and long shaft. The motor looks shiny new and it has been sitting for some years but we all know these older motors are diehards so Gary will get it going for the kids before the gathering I'm sure. We found a matching 3 gallon gas tank to complete the gift. Bedbugjr also donated $10.00 and that should fill the gas tank with fuel and oil. I forgot to ask Larry the mix ratio but we will get with him. I wish he could be at the gathering to give this gift himself but already has plans that he must attend over the weekend. Thanks everyone of the BOC and God bless you and yours,Teri

15. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    bedbug_jr has an underscore line in his name just in case you would like to look him up. Thanks again Larry and I've asked about you receiving the BOC award, from the leader and founder of this site. What you did today driving 45 miles each way to get the motor delivered was above and beyond. The money to gas the motor up was outstanding and over the top. I'm glad to have you as a friend, this is exactly why this site has the best of fishermen, people like you!

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    That is just outstanding bedbugjr.......It's people like you that make this site and world a better place.

17. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Teri, I think it is 50-1 ratio but not certain. Check motor and it may be stamped on there. Maybe some of the fellas will know for sure. It's an '89 Merc 4hp.

18. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    That was nice of you Larry.
    I would bet that its 50:1 too.

19. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Larry that was a very nice thing you did for them. You have a seat in my boat anytime you want.

What an outstanding act of kindness!

20. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the thanks, but the people who really deserve it are Teri and Gary. Without their willingness to get involved, we would have never known the story of these brave kids who have taken a huge load on their shoulders. My thanks to them and all who have become involved in helping those who are more than willing to help themselves. For me, it's a great feeling to be a small part of "Family" such as this.

Larry