Buying a trailer

Discussion in 'Capt Steve's RV and Camping Talk' started by Boomer, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am considering buying a trailer, I have a F150 4x4 what would you suggest?

2. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    20-24' that truck should handle it ok

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I pull a 27 FKS insbrook weighing in aroun 6600 trailer weight and I do it with a 1/2 ton dodge. No problems. The biggest expense I had was getting the right brake box. That means the world in how well you stop.

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I pull a 24' Conquest Ultra-lite with a Durango and never had any problems. Altho at 70-75 mph you get really lousy gas milage:smile2::smile2::smile2: Stay safe and happy camping!!!:wink:

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    the gas engine will be bad on fuel mileage while towing. if you don't pull that much you will make up for it. i am full time rv living and we are about to upgrade to a heavier rv. if you put the super springs on your f150 and it came from the factory with the towing package on it you will be fine on almost any bumper pull. i pull with a f250 and get 12 while towing and even pull a boat also. do not get a trailer that is to small is the main thing i will tell you.