Buying a motor looking for input please

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by WylieCat, Jun 22, 2009.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I would buy the newer Evinrude if I had to pick. :big_smile:

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Everybody has their own preferences and prejudices. As for me, I'd buy any Evinrude before you could give me a Mercury, Honda or other brand. Just preference. I can at least work on an Evinrude. LOL

3. mdavis

mdavis New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What kind of boat are you looking at putting this on? Unless I was tournament fishing (and learned this from past experience) i would never again and haven't put anything over a 75 on my boats. Was just plain old over kill, wasted money and have always had more problems with bigger HP motors. Again, If you are tournament fishing this would not apply.

4. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    David, if I had the money to replace mine, Id get a bigger motor.........one so big that it just stays afloat.......been caught too many times in those famous Santee out of nowhere storms where I wish I had that extra hp. My 60 horse 4 stroke pushes my pontoon like a herd of turtles. You can always throttle back on those big motors..........I done bent the handle down on mine standing on it trying to get a little more out of it. Fire walled and trimmed out it runs about 13 mph.

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Thats about all an old wore out catfisherman like you should go.:big_smile::smile2:WHen in doubt go bigger.WHen you throttle back to midrange with the bigger motor you will be using less fuel and causing less wear and tear than if you have the smaller motor at WOT all the time.There are some things where size DOES matter!!:crazy::smile2::big_smile:Dont believe all those women that say it dont!!!!:big_smile::wink::cool2:They were just being polite!!!!:crazy:

6. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Man its hard to trust ebay these day.