Buying a boat need help...

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by andrew76, Feb 21, 2009.

1. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Well I'v got the chance to buy a 16 foot v bottom closed bow boat with a 70 horse evenrude out board. My nabour said it has sat for almost 8 yr. He said he winterized it before he put it up. He said I could have it for 100 bucks!! Is that a good deal? Please let me know.

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    $100 is chump change...take it.

Don't expect it to run, though. It will take some time and $.

3. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Would be hard to pass up on, at the very least a good fixer-upper. Might be some questions about the motor sitting that long. But for $100, shoot go for it.

4. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve Well-Known Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    I Don't think you could go wrong for $100.
    If it has a trailer you could always sell the trailer for that. :wink:

5. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    if you don't want it let me know, I'll drive to Ohio and get it.

6. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    go ahead and get it!!! there isnt much at all IF ANYTHING to winterizing an outboard. do all the new boat accuired stuff to it and use it ... if the motor can't be brought back to life, part it out on ebay, the trailer will bring $100 even if it dont have a title"dont take anything less"
    if the hull is in real bad shape Iv tried to GIVE hulls away for free and could not do it. had to burn em and burry em
    post some pics for us to check it out !!!

7. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I had a 6 horse evenrude and just wanted to rebuild carbs new impeller, it was a 69 model the people at the parts place said they like the evenrudes that motor alone is worth more than the asking price, is it aluminum or glass, well at that price it doesnt matter, I got my 1 st one free, had to do a little work but it caught a lot of fish and memeories

8. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Ok new problem my landlord is a butt hole and said i cant keep it here. Now i got no wear to put the damb thing!!:sad2::embarassed::eek:oooh: