buyin up gold!?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Swampfox., May 21, 2009.

1. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Does it alarm anyone else besides me that there are companies right now trying to buy all the gold they can get there hands on? That cash for gold.com etc. You know, "send us your scrap gold" kinda thing. This one company is trying to collect 150 million dollars just this year. anybody know when this happened before? The depression! When wall street went bust everyone jumped on the gold ban wagon and all the stocks were nothing, yet the duponts and the hearst and the j.p morgans and the standard oil companies got richer, I mean that 2 % of the population now controlled 85% of the money. same thing happening today. Somebody wants all the gold and yet the dollar{paper mind you}, is worthless. Does the 2% know something I don't? I'm just sayin.

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    1979. And the people who jumped on the bandwagon late lost their shirts. Not saying my crystal ball is much better than anyone else's, but IMO the time to buy was before gold tripled in price.

3. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    I agree, gold is doing so well now, 5 years ago would of been great time to buy it up. I bet those places don't pay a good price, i think they are capitalizing on peoples hardships.

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    thats what i mean, now when the economy is poor, they want you to sent them something thats tripled in value as was mentioned, in return for paper thats losing its confidance.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Matt, I honestly believe there are ideas out there that actually can get you rich quickly. Problem is, those who learn them, aint sharin the info with anybody.:wink:

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    To break the boredom,I did a little pannin' for gold in Alaska the year it became a state (1959). Gold was worth a whopping $35 an oz. and I was going to become a thousandaire...:smile2:

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Awww, now you know Carlton Sheets is your hero Kutter. :smile2:

Of course, that's real estate and not gold. :wink:

8. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I bought 2 oz of gold at 350.OO. I put it away ten years ago,and today I'll be danged if I can remember where I put it.I really hope its in our fire safe.
    smokey

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Online, we purchased a sum of Gold American Eagles in 1999 for around $370 per oz. By 2006 we had more than double our investment, so we sold them. :sad2: :sad2:

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Well nobody ever went broke taking a profit.