Busted!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by DANZIG, Nov 16, 2008.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia

Man, they are tough in Ohio!! Don't reckon they will be doing that again anytime soon.....

CHILLICOTHE — Two men convicted of the illegal taking of white-tailed deer have been ordered to pay restitution of $12,988 according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife.

The Honorable Judge Thomas E. Bunch presided and assistant law director Michele Route prosecuted today over the first case in the State involving white-tailed deer restitution under Ohio's revised restitution law. The law went into effect March 2008 and allows the Ohio Division of Wildlife to seek an increased recovery value on all illegally harvested wildlife.

Cory A. Posey, 19, of South Salem has pled guilty to charges of taking a deer with a rifle, deterring an officer, taking a deer after hours, and taking more than one buck in a license year. Posey will pay $100 in fines, additional court costs, and $6,494 in restitution. He will serve 200 hours of community service, five years of community control and hunting privileges suspended for five years.

Kyle E. Kruger, 20, of Washington Court House has pled guilty to charges of spotlighting, deterring an officer, and aiding an individual in the unlawful taking of a wild animal. Kruger will pay $100 in fines, additional court costs, and $6,494 in restitution. He will serve 200 hours of community service, five years of community control and hunting privileges suspended for five years.

In addition to fines, restitution, license suspension and community service, the deer, firearms, and all other equipment used in the illegal activities were ordered forfeit. All venison was forfeited and will be donated to a local food pantry. ...
    http://www.herald-dispatch.com/ente...icted-of-spotlighting-illegal-deer-harvesting

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I think thats great! Poachers are thieves, no better than a common criminal..

3. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    [​IMG]this is the 13,000 dollar deer186" buck the bigger it is the bigger the fine

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Five years for suspension of hunting privileges, seems like a small amount for poaching deer. I would throw the book at them and give them 25 years.:confused2: Understandably they're still young and stupid, but give them a lesson they'll never forget. :eek:oooh: The fines are fine, but the little sh!ts need not to hunt again for awhile "a long while"!!

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My sister in law is Michelle Rout who was asst law director on this case.

6. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    I am glad to see that some states are starting to give some teeth to poaching laws. There was a county attorney in Kansas a couple of years back that annoucned in the local paper that he would not prosocute anyone for pouching deer. All because he had hit one in his new car. What a JERK!:angry:

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    There are a lot of deer out there. 90 % of them need kilt. This won't help things and the state made some money to spend on sewers.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I think every state should be as tough if not tougher. They got everything they deserved .I agree though that the 5 yrs no hunting should be tougher.

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Should have took there guns and truck

10. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I think they did.

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    To my understanding, any poaching violation, the firearms will be taken until the hunting privileges are reinstated. And in most circumstances, the vehicles will be impounded too.

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    They got what they deserve. I wish Nevada was tougher in Clark County, a few getting fined like that and news will travel PRONTO.

13. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I think I read in North American Whitetail where Ohio is charging by the inch now on bucks illegally poached.

14. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    all i gota say is follow the rulles boys the law is the law :cool2: serves em right :wink:

15. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    I agree that the revocation should be greater than 5 years, I think 10 is a nice round number. Second offense is automatic lifetime revocation. The problem is: they are obviously already law-breakers for getting into this situation so just because you say they arent allowed to hunt for that long doesnt mean they wont do it anyhow.....unless of course you throw their a$$ in jail for that long.

Also, instead of any type of "Community Service", and since they want to be handling deer so badly, they should make them pick up road kill deer for however long they were sentenced to community service, maybe while wearin a shirt (hot pink perhaps?) that says that they are doing it because they were caught poaching deer. Nothing like free advertisment.

16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    There are plenty of tags and plenty of deer out there. Do it legally and you can live with that the rest of your life. I have 4 of nine (the oldest) grandsons and grandaughters deer hunting now. I teach them by the rules. Not the ones you make up. Thanks.

17. slimdaddy

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    may not be pink probaly be orange coveralls

18. slimdaddy

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    im pretty sure they did

19. lilfatgirl

lilfatgirl New Member

State:
    iowa
    I'm new to the hunting scene but I think that we sould all go by th rules. If there are no rules we have craziness. lilfatgirl

20. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Justin you have brought out a few good points. I knew a guy near home that had his hunting privileges revoked for an illegal deer and never missed a seson hunting. I think that we need more DNR people to watch after people like this as well. These are just 2 that got caught. I'm sure there are plenty more that do it and just don't get caught. If it is there like it is here.