Busted the cherry Dutch Gap 6 Jan 10

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by bluecat69, Jan 6, 2010.

1. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Kdrennon7 and myself went out of Dutch Gap today. Bait was easy, 15 in one set of net and then off to fishing. The bite was slow to begin with. We was trying a couple new locations but nothing but dinks.
    We moved into one of our favorite spots and set up. Nothing really big but Kenny did get a 35 lber there. After a short stay at that spot we moved on to an old trusty spot. That spot did not let us down. We boated 2-35's, a 45,a 50 and Kenny's new PB at 70 lbs.
    Kenny was fighting that fish at the front of the boat an I kept telling him to keep it out of the anchor. Pull it left, pull it left. Well, he kept it out of the anchor and we got him in the net. Damn what a hog that fish was. That was a PB for Kenny and the boat. Now that we have 70 lb cherry busted we are looking for the 80's.
    Ran into catifshkko and his pose out there also. They were having problems getting bait so we gave them what they needed to fish. It was good to see ya again brother.
    Hope to see everyone at the tourney in Hopewell on Saturday.
    Tight lines and screaming drags.

Attached Files:

2. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Last of the pics.

Attached Files:

3. dwordenfish

dwordenfish New Member

State:
    massachusetts
    How long was that 70 lber? that fish is so fat. Nice job!

4. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    It was a long one but did not get measurement. We just get the weight and a pic on the big ones and let'um go. I've been fishing the James a little over a year and yet to have applied for a citiation fish. We would be broke if we did.

5. jcat61

jcat61 Guest

Nice job guys! See ya saturday!

6. jcat61

jcat61 Guest

Also Mike, you might want to change the title of this thread! " Busted the cherry Dutch Gap" might not be something you want to brag about!! :Nop:

7. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Well, I see your point Jason but I like it. At least we caught some nice fish and came back to the boat ramp with all windows in the truck intact this time (knock on wood). lol
    Estimater came out today and was $1400 of damage to my truck. Thank god for insurance.

8. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    That's a great fish...congrats! Way to help out another with the bait...building great Karma, right there! Thanks for the report.

9. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Good Job Mike and Kenny. Way to redeem yourselves from that terrible last experience. SLC sucks its cutting down on my fishing time, hell we got class on saturday so no tournament for me again. I dont graduate until Feb 22 so I guess im a sunday fisherman only till then, then I can try to join the 70-80 club too. Tell Kenny I said great job, hopefully he'll read this

10. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
  11. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
  12. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Nice fish fellas! Big congrats on breaking the 70# barrier, and like a true fisherman, already thinking of breaking 80#!

13. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Nice fish 70 lb that is a big one.

14. Fokromix

Fokromix Member

State:
    VA
    Great job breaking 70! PBs = PBRs! Sounds like you guys were dialed in.

15. CATFISHKKO

CATFISHKKO New Member

State:
    Chesterfield, VA
    congrats on the fishin bud and thanks for the bait , plan to be there saturday as long as i dont have to work!! getting everything ready now so hopefully ill be there if not good luck and tight lines

oh yah ill bring you that deer meat to if im there

16. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    congrats on the 70 lber nice looking fish

17. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Now thats a nice fish Mike!! Keep those PB's coming and hope to see you at the ICE BOWL..

Thanks for the pics of that hog.

18. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Congrtas guys, thats a hog!!!

19. Here-Fishy-Fishy

Here-Fishy-Fishy New Member

State:
    Maryland
    NICE FISH MIKE, WAY TO GO...

20. reel squealer