BUSTED by the wife - For buying catfishing gear

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by H2O Mellon, Apr 7, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    BUSTED!

Okay, this is just too funny. Yes I tried to sneak one past the wife. I order some stuff from Catfish Connection on Wed or Thursday. (Not a big order at all just some small stuff that I needed). Today I called my wife and asked if she would like to get her hair done or something like that. She thought it was too good to be true so asked what I bought, was going to buy or what I did. I said "nothing", "I'm just beeing nice and seeing if you would like to have some of my over time money". She hung up , but I could still tell that she was very leary of me. :confused:

45 minutes later, RING, RING, RING goes my work phone, it's my wife and she says this: "Catfish Connection called about some out of stock items that you order, why don't you give them a call, CLICK". :eek:

Ouch..... BUSTED.

Lesson Learned, hopefully I can pass this along to someone: Make sure Catfish Connection has your WORK phone number! :)

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    ROFL!
    Its the other way around here. I do the ordering. Well I don't call troll at work and ask if he wants to get his hair done...lol More like cook something special or ask if he wants a massage, etc.
    But I am the one that usually orders fishing gear, buy fishing magazines, etc. and he is always a great sport about it.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well did try the old "i didnt order any thing". they must have me confused with someone else. try buying a boat one time and then come home ask the wife if is okay. i did.

4. T-man

T-man New Member

State:
    Ohio
    MELLON, MELLON, MELLON,......

Will you ever learn, how could you do that to jenny???

Its offical, you have a problem.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Lets see here, we have mellon who just sold a bunch of tackle because he needed money, a couple weeks later he is buying more tackle...Hummmm, I just dont understand it:confused:

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm going toc all her back & tell her it was actually for Jack (flathunter) & he jsut didnt want his wife to know. (It worked once, maybe it will again) :) Lord, please dont let her look in my favorites & log onto teh BOC. I will be dead! :eek:

Jack Buddy, I was running low on small Circle hooks & needed a 5 gallon livewell for my goldfish to trasnport back & forth. The livewll was a great deal, I've wanted it several times but I was too a late someone just took the last one. :(

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Brother, you have a problem, a BBBBBBIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG PROBLEM.

You really need to stop lying to your wife, starts out with little things, ends up with, "What other woman"

Don't wanna see that happen to ya, so QUIT IT now!:p :rolleyes:

8. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Bryan, IMHO (which you didn't ask for): Every wife has a limit, and in consideration of your recent living/financial situation, it may be possible that she is close to the edge of that limit. Brings to mind a bumper-sticker I once read: "My wife asked me to make up my mind - fishing or her. Lord, I'm gonna miss her". Don't want that to happen to you, bro!!!

9. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Mellon man, I always give my cell or work number out, not my house. It was almost a year before my parents knew my home number. Also, I like to have stuff shipped to my parents house :)

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Luckily, my wife is great. I came clean , she was fine w/ it, as I knew she would be. Besides part of this was for her pet goldfish, yes the same goldfish that were first my Flathead bait. :crying: My wife & kids have actually names a few of the goldfish. I have been forbidden to use certain ones for bait.

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    She says since I stay home at night after working & care for the three kids by myself on Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri that I deserve to habe no limitations put on my fishign time, that is when I do have time that allows for it.

12. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    LMAO...Happens all the time when the wife is in control

13. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Bryan....I think your about to enter the Twilight Zone when you get home Buddy:p ..LOL...how long has it been since you have been grounded?:rolleyes: ...LMAO

14. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yep, you need professional help dude!

15. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mellon,

Did you buy that house recently just to store your fishing stuff or what. :) I bet the room for your equipment is bigger than my apartment.

Just pm me when you have to get rid your stuff again. I better start saving some money now, I'm sure it won't be too long.

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, I have been trying to keep this from people for along time..But now I fear everyome knows that Mellon is nutz:rolleyes:

17. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    he keeps going the way he is we wont be able to call him h20 mellon or mellon head he will just be h20 he wont have a mellon :rolleyes:

18. T-man

T-man New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Or MELLONS!!!!!!:eek: :conc-big:

19. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    3 kids...obviously Mellon, you've been married long enough to know better! What were you thinking!?

20. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Think that is the reason im not married yet. Been dating for 3.5 years and lived together almost 3 out of those. My money is my money, her money is her money. We split bills and buying out, unless I make a few good sales ill pay everything.

She cant say a thing about what I buy though and vice versa. Nice I guess