busted 3 channels last nite .

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by CHAVEZ CHAVEZ, Jul 19, 2008.

1. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    well i decided too go out last night with my nephew from Califonia . wife was here at home makeing tamales ,so i didn't want too be around all the noise :crazy: .
    anyways we left the house around 8:30 , we had to stop at the local wallyworld for some mantels ,you think ya got everything and ya always stop somewheres on the way out . :smile2::smile2: so we head out get too our spot ( my spot ) start catch'n the bait fish we ended up with about 5 gill's . so i procede to start cutt'n the bait up cast out , and sittin time begins . probably sat there about 30 , 40 min before i got a hit , missed that 1 :sad2: .casted out again about 15 min got a hit ,hooked up with this 1 gott'em in nice 3 , 4 lb channel . casted out again about 30 min got hit again got him in about 5 , 6 lb channel . through this entire time my nehew was just mess'n around the lake dosen't even know i cought 2 cats .
    so he shows up and just sit's there i have my bait out we're just sitt'n there talking , i missed a few hit's trought this time and he decides to tell me he want's too fish . so get him rigged up cast his bait out and in about 5 min he got a huge hit hit his bait so hard he freaked out and didn't set the hook . my nephew has never fished for cat's so here we go again bait his hook up cast it out about 20 min goe's by and whamo !! he got a huge hit darn cat almost took the pole in the water , so i tell set the hook and the fight is on , it took this boy about 30 min too reel this cat in , it was great just too watch him reel it in it weighed about 10 lb's or so i'd say i don't have a scale these are all guess'es. so he finally gets it in we hi five and all that jumping up and down the works ... took a fe pic witch didn't turn out so well so i waited til this morn'n too take photo's .
    so here's acouple pic for y'all .

Attached Files:

• 107.jpg
      107.jpg
      File size:
      26.2 KB
      Views:
    • 109.jpg
      109.jpg
      File size:
      19 KB
      Views:
  2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those are some nice Channels.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Dang, thats a fat cat your nephew is holding. Looks like ya both had a good time.

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    ya should of seen him reel it in !!!! tis kids knees were shake'n :smile2:
    it was a blast !!!!:cool2::cool2:

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Way to go on those cat's ..there some nice one's for sure... And tell your nephew congrad's on that fatcat he caught.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
  7. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like a lot of fun congrats to the both of ya'll.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some good fishing, congrats and good luck in the future

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Looks like a fine mess of cats ,Demietrius

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Nice looking bunch of Channel Cats Demetrius :big_smile:! Congrats to your nephew on the 10 lber! :cool2:

11. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Great Catch!!! Tell that nephew I think he might have got hooked too, is he ready to go get a bigger one? Glad to hear you made a great memory together and from the sounds of it neither of you will never forget this night!!!! Congrats!!!

12. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    nice cats, the reward is taking kids fishing , there is a special spot in heaven for those that take time for them. I'll never forget my first fishing trip w/dad.

:roll_eyes: