Bust on Old Hickory

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by TennesseeJugger, Dec 23, 2009.

1. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Got my boat running and just had to get out and fish, went to Old Hickory at Tyree Access. Gotg to get me a new fishing buddy, he is always running late and having me wait on his arse. Last night was the straw. We agreed to meet at 6pm and he shows up at 7:30. Said that something came up, while I was waiting for him a called him 8 times but no answer, I was about to pull boat out and go home and he called and said that he would be there in 20 mintues when actually it was 45 min. later. We had a good talk when he showed up and I told how ticked I was that I am always waiting on him and why did he not call me to tell me he was going to be late. We got in the water about 7:45 and set out the jugs. Not only did the night start out bad about him being late, but this is the first time that I have been skunked since I started jug fishing. We pulled up the jugs and I was home by Midnight.

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    use him for bait

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    You had more patience then me because I would have either went and set them by my self or just went back home.

4. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Hell he is to damn big!

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    If i tell my pard i'll be there at 6:00, ya better call if ya can't make it cause he'll leave ya on the bank. Things happen to everyone, just more to some than others.:wink:

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

how many jugs you got?

7. :smile2:

8. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    use half for bait and half for chum:wink:

9. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Hey Jugger how did the boat run?

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Your boat and your time. Set the meeting rules and if he can't call if there is a problem, leave him. Fishing life is to short.

11. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn

LOL...50

12. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn

Like it stole something!

13. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    After that ya goan get left on the bank lol.

14. festus

festus New Member

Heck, most of my old fishing buddies are too dern lazy or think they're too old to go anymore. :smile2: I end up going by myself most of the time. If I was going to be late, I sure would have contacted my fishing partner and tell them to go on. Tell you what, I sure missed a good fishing day today, the folks who run the bait shop are closed right now and I didn't want to drive 30 miles out of the way to get bait. :confused2:

15. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Jugger: Sorry about the bummer trip, :0a34: :0a21: How did the motor work for you? :003: or :0a4:?

16. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    Thats why I fish alone or with my wife. If I say 6:00 I hit the river at 6:00.

17. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Ran better than it ever has!

18. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Let him find himself scratching his head at the boat ramp and you will get his attention.:wink::0a22:

19. festus

festus New Member

Glad to hear that Jugger! I don't have any boats anymore, and never had one blow a head gasket. But I blew one on an old Nova one time and thought I had thrown a rod or busted a block. It wasn't too bad a task, I did it myself, and I ain't much of a mechanic.

20. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    That has to be my biggest PET PEEVE having to wait one someone.They say their gonna be there at a certain time I expect them there.I give my own kids maybe 10 mins over then I'm gone.Find their own way there.No patience on my part.:roll_eyes:Give him 15 mins then do what you gotta do. Got to draw the line somewhere.