Business Trip.... Portland or Miami- Please Help

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Apr 9, 2008.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here's the deal. I have a class to take for work. My choices of dates are something like August 2-5 in Portland or November 11-14 in Miami. I know it's hard to pass on Miami's weather in November, but I've had a dream of catching a Sturegon for a LONG TIME, so I'm leaning towards Portland.

I am allowed to take a couple extra days if I want to, so I could have plenty of time to fish. My class is during the day, so I'd love to fish at night or like I say I could take an extra day or two.

I'm open to any suggestions. What are the pros and cons of each destination? I would be flying of corse, so I'd have to either have the guide pick me up at the hotel/airport or get a cab to drive me to the captains location. (I've never been in a cab before.)

Thanks everybody!

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Bryan,

Depends on if you are a flatlander or hillbilly.......:wink: :big_smile:

Seriously, I'd lean toward Portland, too, but you need to analyze it for what you want to do and how you will get there, as you said.

Let us know, what you decide. Good luck!
    Cheryl

3. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Just remember Nov is the butt end of Hurricane season lol.

Could be some good fishin around miami too.

4. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I didn't even know there was sturgeon fishing in Portland - Oh, wait, I was assuming Maine! You must mean theother one! Anyway, i would be hard to passon the fishing in Miami: tarpon, bonefish, snook, red drum and on and on and on. And a lot of the best fishing is after dark! You do have to watch out for the local wildlife in Miamai after dark, though (the kind with knives and guns.)

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Bryan,
    Portland all the way.
    Those sturgeon are amazing. Got to be on any angler's to do list...W