Bush wildlife

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by ron h, May 23, 2007.

1. ron h

ron h New Member

State:
    st peters mo
    going fishing at bush this weekend for cat's and would like to know what lakes you like to fish best for cat's

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

lake 7 is my fav. but you can also try 3,5,&33

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Re:wildlife at bush,

Well,I usually try to avoid that situation!!:lol:

4. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Just a note: All of the lakes at Busch are stocked with catfish. Don't overlook one just because it is not intensively managed for cats. I've always caught the bigger cats at Busch from such lakes though not as much quantity. The Cat ponds are mostly stocked with eaters which don't stay long enough to grow any.

5. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Ron,I like 37.If you dont mind walking try the back corner-if you walk down the dam,use liver preferably turkey it stays on the hook better than chicken.Throw out as far as you can theres a tree line about 75 ft from the bank anywhere out in there is good.I usually use a bobber.Good luck wherever you go.:big_smile:

6. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The past two weekends I have spent time on lake 7. I have seen and had the best luck near the end with the trees.

7. ron h

ron h New Member

State:
    st peters mo
    thanks a lot, i hope to get out this weekend if the rain stops. just got a new ulgystick catfish rod and blackkat reel to try out, thanks again