Busch wildlife

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Roscoe Dog, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My 6 year old grandson wants to catch a catfish. I thought I would take him to Busch Wildlife. I havent been out there in a few years and was just wondering what is a good lake to take him to were he would have a good chance at catching something. He got a fishing pole a couple of weeks ago and he is getting good at casting so its time to hit the lake.

2. rocko

rocko New Member

State:
    missouri
    go to lakes 3,4,5, and 7. they are stocked all the time with channel cat, or depending on where you live the conservation dept stocks other lakes in the greater st. charles, st louis and st louis city areas.look on the website or call busch wildlife for further details.

3. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Lake 7 at Busch has had the most fish stocked so far this year. Something like 3500#. Lake 5 is the next closest at close to 1000#. Hope this helps.

4. rocko

rocko New Member

State:
    missouri
    hey all , went to busch on 3rd and 4th after 5 pm both days. on the 3rd the other half and i caught over 50 channel in 4 hrs. the bite was smokin' hot that night. brought home another 8 nice channel cat. last night was also pretty good i myself caught around 30 channel. i put so much stress on my gear this weekend that my poles now creak and my shimano reels have a wobble in the bail assembly. every fish that we caught was on doughbait and catalpa worms.the size of the fish were mostly small 1 to 3 1/2 lbs but they were mighty , little guys had some a** to them. so go give it a whirl , it would be a nice way to blow off a couple of hrs in the evening. if anybody has questions about this send me a private message. i have more pics i will post them later.