Busch series in Mexico

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Ictalurus Punctatus, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    What does everyone think about this? Good for the sport? Bad for the sport? Will Nextel Cup go south of the border next? I haven't really made up my mind on where I stand. To be quite honest I don't really pay that much attention to Kevin Harvick's racing series.

Jon

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Its a road course track, Denny Hamlin won that race last year. I dont think the Cup series will race there anytime soon.

3. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Nascar has says that thier numbers are flat. Not shrinking but not growing either. To make more money and get more fans they have to do something. I will be interested to see if it catchs on down there.
    Bill

4. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Montoya spins team mate Scott Pruett and wins his 1st Nascar race at Mexico City.

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    tried to watch the race but all I could get was ESPN2. Wish it was in ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Screw em
    Bill

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    They had it on ESPN in Spanish and on ESPN2 was in English

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    They raced in Mexico today which means some American track didn't get to hold a race!:angry: They took income away from an American Track, the American track employees and the city the race would have been held. If Nascar wants to improve its ratings they better stop pi**ing off their American fans!

8. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I agree, would be great to see them race at North Wikesboro, NC again

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    NASCAR is a big business. It is about making money and not about being a welfare provider to unemployed track workers.

Like others have said, NASCAR in America is at a plateau. The major markets that are left that they want to infiltrate do not have tracks. The next demographic to tap are non-Americans. With hispanics being such a large part of the population Mexico City is a dream and Juan Pablo is the dream driver. Who better to win there!?!?!?! :big_smile:

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Well OK if you say so! They can keep sending our races to Mexico or other countries and when my american butt stops watching I hope Juan and his Mexican fans and their pesos provide Nascar with the ratings and money they are looking for cause I can find other things to do on Sundays beside listen to a race in Spanish!

11. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    This got me fired up. Why was ESPN in spanish and ESPN2 in english? Somewhat backwards I'd say.