Burton lake

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by rooster1, Jun 23, 2008.

1. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    i went by lake raburn and burton. Any body ever caught any cats in there

2. Chambers TA

Chambers TA New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Brian and I havn't had much luck on cats at Burton. We've been told that you can get them around LaPrades Marina, but so far we haven't had any luck

As for Lake Rabun, Brian has gotten some cats from there. Not sure of the area, but I'll check with him on those and get back on that.

3. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    If you put in at the marina on Lake Rabun, really easy access but parking is questionable due to the restaurant that shares the parking lot. When you leave the marina, head to the right when you get out to the main channel and go away from the dam and head toward Seed Lake dam. Go to an area that is like a lazy double s and you will hit the big part of Rabun and when you get to the other end it will start to narrow adn right before you turn to go up another short channel you will see a cove on the right and there is like at least one cabin or house in the cove. Pay attention before you get there and you will see a large pine tree trunk going into the water at a fairly decent angle. back off about 25 ft from it, anchor down and start dropping your bait there. there is cats there.

4. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    i wish i could fish as much as you chambers your good man thanks

5. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    No kiddin! Glad your back Chambers, these forums are boring without you :)

6. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I have fished all over from Alaska, to Georgia and if I have fished there I will tell you a good place to go. It ain't no guarantee, but it will be more than I had when I started with. I'm glad somebody finds my gibberish humerous, I hope that I see you on the lake. If nothing else, we'll tell some tall tales and laugh, cause laughter is the best medicine.

Teresa and I have been trying to become Altamaha River Rats and just when I think I have the river figured out the tide goes out and I end up eating the bottom of the river and I end up cleaning my engine block out of sediment.

No kidding, we left this evening to do some evening fishing when it was cooler and before I got to the hole I was going to I cleaned my motor block out 4 times.

7. JUMPER

JUMPER New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    keep trying they may bite lol

8. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Burton, is a bass fishing dream, walleye
    (best tasting fish I have ever eaten}, a few cats.

Very pretty and a whole bunch of bald Eagles.

Seed lake, lots of perch, bream, cats, bass, wall eye. This is by far one of my most favorite places to fish that is in georgia.

Raburn, cats, walleye, bass, perch, bream a few ok cats not alot.

9. Altamaha Terri

Altamaha Terri New Member

State:
    Jesup, Ga
    I know this is an old post, but Brian is right about the tide at the Altamaha River. We were with him that day. Boy did he have problems. I felt so bad for him that day. Time he thought he had cleared a sandbar, i be dog if he didn't run up on another one. Not to good for a motor either. I know he proably just wanted to scream. Hopefully next time Brian when you and Teresa come back to the Altamaha you will have a better time and no problems.
    :wink:

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That sounds like some rough fishing that takes awhile to learn. I doubt I will be checking that area out too much

11. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo

Now TOP!

If you gotta work for its just better!