burrrrr......

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Jedicazador, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    took the boys out today, 18 degrees out was fricken cold! we didnt get a bite while at the Cordell hull dam, we moved to a spot at Defeated, fished minnows was hoping for some skips, we got a bunch of crappie and a nice bass

2. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Buurrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    That is all that needs to said.:big_smile:

3. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Who says you cant catch fish in the winter time LOL .....thanks for the report. Glad you caught fish.

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It is bitterly COLD out there. Just waiting on spring to get here than fishins on. WTG on the fish. Supposed to get a couple inches of snow here thursday night I believe.

5. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    yeah, it is stinking cold over here west of yall. To me, it isn't really the cold, it is the potential ice on the ramps that keeps me at home. A little sun and temps in the 20's will make things all right over here.
    Now they say temps of -6 for Fayetteville Friday night. Guess a trip to Bass Pro might be in order on Saturday.

6. festus

festus New Member

Heck, I like this cold weather. It will wipe out a portion of the bug population. It's warmed up to 28 degrees today. Every pond around here is frozen. And since this cold weather, Bull Run Steam Plant is back up and running. If the stacks keep smoking, I will be fishing over there in a week or two. :Happy:I can put up with the cold better than heat. If the weather outside is cold, at least you can put on enough layers of clothing to stay warm. In the summer when it gets over 90 with all the humidity we have, there's no way to stay comfortable. You can take off all your clothes and still be hot. BTW, our swimming pool has at least 4" of ice at the top and a 300 lb. man can probably walk across it safely.

7. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Im with you Festus. I like the cold. As long as I can prepare for it. We went to the cc last week and got there about 8am and it was freezing but I loved it and came home with bait.

8. dthrasher

dthrasher New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    When I grow up I want to be like you guys. I just cant take the cold. I know I miss alot of fish but BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

9. festus

festus New Member

I like cold weather, but I prefer it warmer than it has been the last few days. It's nice with temperatures from just slightly above freezing to about 50 degrees. It's much easier to keep your bait alive. Right now it's hard to keep your bait from freezing.

10. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Just think with this kind of weather those pestey jet skies will not bo out in the way.

11. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Thats kinly what I wuz thinkun

12. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    I'm with you guys I love the cold, but the kids always want to go and I've never told em no unless they're sick, and right now its just a bit much for em. My foster son's hand froze to a pipe after he dug in the water for some minnows, We told him if he doesnt get his hand unstuck fast enough we were gonna have to pee on it to thaw it out, LOL. I hadnt thought of the boat ramp freezing, I suspect that could be a problem that could turn nasty bad real quick. I'm safe for awhile on that one on account of my boat being broke, I need to find a trim motor for it, burned up my last outing out. I'd really like to fish a steam plant but until I get the boat fixed I'm just dreaming about it.

13. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Juggers buddy in Lebanon will hook you up.

14. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Man you guys are hard core if you are fishing in this frigid weather!

15. festus

festus New Member

The only thing that has stopped me has been the snow and ice and slick footing on the rocks at the places I fish. I'm dying to try out my new Ambassadeur. Bull Run Steam Plant is back online, so I may get to try it by mid-week.