Burris Laser Scope

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by ozzy, Dec 1, 2008.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I'm thinking about a Burris Laser Scope for my Rem. 700 Its a 4-12 x 42, I found them for $580.00. I don't have a range finder yet and figured kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I read a couple of neg. articles and was wondering if aytone has tried these scopes? Give me good and bad experiences. Thanks in advance. P.S. I'm consideering this scope for yotes as they come on the run pretty fast sometimes and ya dont have time to range then spot and shoot.

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hi Ozzy,
    I don't have any experience with these, however, I'm interested,, asked a buddy of mine who swims around in that sort of thing, if ranging scopes are any good,, his response was,,,"Worth their weight in gold",, don't know if that particular one is included, but, it has my interst.:wink: In that type of technology...

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I don't know about ranging scopes but Burris makes some of the best optics money can buy. If ya get it, let us know what ya think.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I found one sight that thrashed Burris. I'm thinking that they had bad blood. I like the idea so more research in the works. I'm hoping for a xmas present to myself. :big_smile:

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I think they should be good. Scope technology has come a long way over the years. I can remember when scope technology was so bad that I would not buy a rifle without open sights on it.

6. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Don't know about their Laser scopes, but I own several of their Fullfield line of scopes and they're great, one is a 1 3/4 X 5 that I bought new in 1975, that scope has spent it's life (33 years) on my Ruger 77 30/06 and is still a great scope, it's been to Colorado with me many times,hunted every deer season here and lives in my truck here on the farm in between. It's not as pretty as it used to be, but it's still clear and bright when you look through it.