Burr Oak.

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Chris Giff, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    Look'n for some more lakes in South eastern Ohio with flatheads..having no luck at Lake Logan and my buddy only likes to fish lakes bleh.

I figure Burr Oak has some in it but if anyone knows for sure or knows of any other lakes in around here with flatheads let me know please.

Having no luck with searching..seems even lakes with flatheads in them they don't mention them.

2. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Man...what's his issue with rivers? Especially since it wouldn't take you long at all to get to the Ohio?

I'm the complete opposite. I much prefer rivers. Lakes don't seem to eat near as many props, but I still would rather take my chances. :big_smile:

3. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    I'd choose the River everytime too.. but he likes lakes and I like fishing with him so I'm stuck with lakes most of the time..Think we just gonna give Lake Logan another try tonite.

4. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    good luck to you tonight, and keep asking in here, someone will post in here that can help you.:big_smile:

5. loganfrum94

loganfrum94 New Member

State:
    ohio
    veto lake in washington countany has some becase the lake record was a 70 pound flattie.theres lots of shad and channels in there to:) good luck.

6. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    logan is really the only lake close to have flatties burr oak i hav never caught nothing but channels and bullheads but lots of years ago i cant remember if it was caught or shocked there was a 40 some pounder in burr oak it was in the paper athens mess but ive not heard of any since then i would stay with the river also

7. RiverWader

RiverWader New Member

State:
    Glouster, Ohio
    There are a few in Burr Oak but not many , Theres a few in Lake Hope also.

8. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    You positive on them being in Lake Hope? It'd be a nice lake for them for sure.

I think we gonna try Veto soon as my buddy gets some time off from work.

9. RiverWader

RiverWader New Member

State:
    Glouster, Ohio
    Yeah Ive caught 2 out of there, Last one was caught about 3 years ago and went 17lbs. I dont fish the lake very much anymore though