Burr Oak Lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Muskrat24, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Muskrat24

Muskrat24 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Its not fishing season quite yet but for those of you who fish burr oak lake hows the catfishing there? On a side note those that fish there have you ever seen any beaver on the lake? And where abouts have you seen them?

2. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    burr oak is my turb but the catfishing isint to shabby you come around sometime and we will get on em
    as far as the beaver one time i went swimming with a few lady frieand but i cant rember our exact location LOL

3. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i havnt been to burr oak for a few yrs but i do remember in alot of the coves there where beaver huts towards the upper end

4. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    When I was in High School my Dad and I trapped beaver on Burr Oak out of a boat. we ended up getting around 30 over the course of almost a week. They were pretty predictable. Find a big cove and there was usually a hut. Remember they are territorial so if you find a hut there will not be another one around. Once you find a couple of them you will start to get an idea of how far apart they are spread out. I hope you aren't trying to make any money on them!!!! The market fell apart last year along with the economy and it still hasn't recovered.

5. RiverWader

RiverWader New Member

State:
    Glouster, Ohio
    As stated in the other posts you can find Beaver all over Burr Oak , With the most being up past the lodge headed towards Dock 3, East Branch area. As far as Cat fishing , Its a great place to fish except July, and August . Best time to hit the lake is Right after a heavy Rain and the lake is up head to the upper end , And you will find fish

6. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    well if its good fishing i go to school nelsonville id like to maybe meet up with some of yall and we go catch some catfish down there sometime if anyone is up to it

7. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i just live out the road from the school out bye poston school i usally fish the river thru the summer maybe we can hook up sometime this summer and see if we can catch some big ones

8. RiverWader

RiverWader New Member

State:
    Glouster, Ohio
    I also dont fish the lakes anymore , Im usually found on the Hocking River, Sometimes the Ohio and Muskngum River , but mostly the Hocking River.

9. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    well then maybe one day we all can meet up ive been wont to catch some cats on the hocking i fish the scoioto up home in circleville but that the only river i really fish and the ohio every now and again but ya we need to plan to do that when it warms up and i hunted over your way during gun season over on the poston aep land that public over your way so i no kind of your area

10. RiverWader

RiverWader New Member

State:
    Glouster, Ohio
    Yeah I run my Beagles at Poston all the time

11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Kyle, put up a photo. You give good info. You ashamed of us?

12. RiverWader

RiverWader New Member

State:
    Glouster, Ohio
    Ive tried putting a pic up but it doesnt work

13. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    cool deal i might have to come down and run my beagle with ya sometime how many you got we have been wonting someone with more dogs to run with us how many rabbits you get on down there if alot maybe me and my buddy will make a trip down there and run one day if you would like sometime

14. RiverWader

RiverWader New Member

State:
    Glouster, Ohio
    Ive got 5 that I run , But 3 of them are pups in trainning, Then I have a 13 year old female, Great jump dog, And a 4 year old male thats Bull headed , They arent the best dogs, But they are mine, and they get the job done.LOL

15. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    ya thats how my dog is but to bad he isnt going to be healed up before season goes out he is 6 years old male and he just does everything you can think of good all around dog!