Burning up the Bluecats!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by SkiMax, Apr 9, 2007.

1. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Went out and fished Saturday with Chuck (ka_c4_boom). We ended up with a 5 fish weight of 82.5 pounds. Three of the fish were 70 of those 82 pounds.

Went out again last night with a buddy and caught another blue that went 32 pounds.

Been catching a bunch of blues at 6-10 pounds. The past two days we have caught 11 blues and 2 channels. every fish being over 5 pounds except 1. with four of them being mid 20's to low 30's. Been catching them on fresh shad. Chucks secret way of splitting them seems to be working best but they are also hitting heads really well. We have been fishing current breaks along ledges in about 30 feet of water so everybody go get some lines wet while the fish are on fire!

The first pic is of me and chucks three nice fish on saturday and the other is of the 32 pounder I caught last night.

Attached Files:

2. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Thats awesome man, glad to hear that you are tearing them up...Thanks for the report and the pics

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Nice catches! Thanks for sharing them!

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Max I think you guys have got the secret. Nice fish. Thanks for sharing the pics and story.:big_smile:

6. Eric-t

Eric-t New Member

State:
    Salem, Indiana
    Nice fish!!! What river were you fishing?

7. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    we were fishing the Ohio River and launching out of the public ramp in Rising Sun

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    man thats a nice blue you caught last night :lol: one day short of the day it counted

great job max and nice pics

9. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Nice fish you guys, congrats. I wish I had more time to get out on the waters around here right now. Just got back from a trip up to the Fox River last week, in a span of 4 days caught about 20 channel cats ranging from 12-18", nothing big but atleast I'm no longer skunked for the year. Wish I could get onto some bigguns. Good luck to all.

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats on a nice catch.

11. onlyriverfish

onlyriverfish Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    james
    congrats to you guys! Charles, bout time you updated that pic:smile2: Working to do the same.

Q: Whats the water temp down there? Its 40-41 here.

12. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    surface temp was 51 degrees yesterday

13. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Thanks for the motivation, I think we all could use it right now! Just seeing that big blue make me stir crazy to get out of this house, time to charge the ole batteries. Congrats on the great catches, save some for me!:big_smile:

14. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Now why couldn't we have done that good the other day. Hope the weather was better. Glad you caught some nice fish max. :tounge_out:

15. onlyriverfish

onlyriverfish Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    james
    Thanks Max. I hope to keep a closer tab on when the blues bite better for me here this year per water conditions. At 40deg here the bait aint hitting my rods, but great throw netting temps.

I take it the bite just got doing better there since that temp rise? Havent heard much from you guys catching them before this.

ditto! great motivation!

16. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Whoooo Weeee man you guys are wear:dribble: ing them out congrats

17. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

Temp and wind weren't any better, but at least we didn't have a white out :smile2:

18. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    congrats on the nice fish hope to be heading ot here today or tommarow looks like the blues are biten good thanks for sharing

19. bluesclues

bluesclues New Member

State:
    Indiana
    congrats on the blues :0a23:

20. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice catch guys! Wish it would get warm again up north here. The lakes up here are still in the 30's and the rivers are running about the same. We got spoiled by those nice days we had a couple weeks ago!