Burlington Dam

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by BowieKnife357, Apr 27, 2009.

1. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Been down in Chetopa quite a bit doing the spoonbill thing, also doing some catfishing on the Neosho. I was browsing aroundon the KDWP site and it said there is paddlefish access at the dam in Burlington. I know where Burlington is, but never been there. It's a little closer to home than Chetopa is so I thought about giving it a try. Anyone else ever fished it, or could at least tell me where the dam they are talking about is? Thanks, yall have fun.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Its the old city dam...Its right east of the town you will see the signs on main street.

3. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Right at the very north end of town on 75 hiway take a right on last street.

4. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I expect they will have John Redmond dam completely shut down right now because of flooding down here.

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah Redmond is shut down. Burlington gauge only reading 500 cfs. No good. On the north side of town just before entering town or leaving it, go East on Cross St. , itll take you right to it. I fished there once last year, and didnt do any good, but it looks like a great spot, and I want to go back soon. :wink: