Burke Lake

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Pinky, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Hello every one! new member outa VA! just wondering if any one else fishes Burke lake. was out late tonight but left with no dinner:( struggling to dial in the right bait/ location code for this lake...... i was set up by the dam throwing livers and nasty blood bread home made "paste" i was sinking the deepest hole that i know of .........has any one had any luck? i need my cat fix! interested to meet other local anglers. if you see a young guy in an AMG hat, say hi!
  2. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

salem, va
    Welcome to the BOC. I only fished Burke lake 1 time about 10 years ago. I think we caught alot of cats that night, but I don't even remember where we were camping. I live near Roanoke and mostly fish Smith Mountain, New river and James river.

3. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

Manassas, Virginia
    Welcome to the BOC. I have only fished Burke Lake a few times, since the crowds can be pretty overwhelming on the weekends. The last time I fished there was last September, and I caught a number of good sized catfish on liver. I was fishing the far side of the lake close to the dam,(follow the trail around to the first opening). I don't know if I just lucked out that night, or if that is a regular patten for the fish to move up in the shallows like that.