Bunny Pic:

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, Dec 11, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Caught this photo op this morning when I let the dogs out. They didn't see this fella, or I wouldn't have had the opportunity to take the pic. He always hides under the bush by the front steps, but usually, he doesn't flush. If he does, he usually runs off. It's cold, and rainy this morning, so I guess he was kinda lethargic. I left the dogs out, went back inside, got the camera, and he was still sitting there, so I snapped the shot from about 3' away. Maybe shoulda grabbed the .22 lol. Can't seem to find rabbits in the country when I have a gun. Same with squirrels. When I'm unarmed, or deer hunting, they cuss me, and throw things at me. If I'm hunting for them, they make themselves scarce.:confused2: Anyways, it's a cute pic, and thought some of you might enjoy it.

Attached Files:

2. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    That's a nice picture Matt. I'd love to have snow like that; pretty and white. Then I'd like it to melt about 24 hours later...completely. Oh, and on a day off please.

Sheila ought to bomb yer butt with snowballs!:big_smile:

3. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    aww, matt that is too cute. :wink:Thank you for sharing.

I retreat when the snow balls start flying. I'll built Frosty, but i aint chunking his body parts. :smile2:

4. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the comliment.:roll_eyes: I WISH that were snow. It's a solid layer of ice. Well, sleet, and ice mixed, with more rain being added as we speak.:sad2:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    As Elmer says. "BE VERY VERY QUIET I'M HUNTIN A WABBIT" Nice pic.

6. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    thanks for the picture it was really cool
    Sharon

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It is funny how a rabbit instinctively freezes when approached by a hunter. Then when they do flush, they run real erratic like a woman driving on the interstate. Guess the woman and the rabbit both figure they will be harder to hit. LOL. I used to hunt them with a .22 rifle. Just walk until they flush, then start whistling like your calling your dog. The rabbit will stop dead still and set up and look for the dog. Thats when you pop them. We had a shortage of rabbits in central Oklahoma during my teen years.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    We had a shortage of rabbits in central Oklahoma during my teen years.

Who you kiddin. They didn't have 22's when you was in your teens. LOL! You or Dayton. LOL! Same method works on ground hogs. Thats why we call em whistle pigs up here. Crazyest thing ya ever saw. LOL!

9. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro

LOL Shucker! That ain't 'cause we don't wanna get hit. It's cuz you ole goats won't move outta my way. :smile2:

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Go ahead fellas wind the women up ......just go ahead:smile2::tounge_out::smile2:

11. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I like my driving. My brother sits back and closes his eyes!:smile2:

12. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Laura, put the cell phone on the seat, check your lipstick, adjust your wig, grab the steering wheel with both hands and draw a bead on those suckers. Guarantee if you play chicken who will move first.

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Minus the wig you eplained how Lilly drives,dont dare put a phone in her hand or distrsct her or the ride might get even more interesting:eek:oooh:

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Matt,That looks like the one hangin around my house ,I've tried tp pop all winter long with my pellet gun ,every time I step outside with my gun he runs across the street to the neighbors ,:smile2:I think he's playin Buggs and Elmer with me.

15. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I think I could kill more rabbits and squirrels in town if they would let me. They're fat too. Prolly taste just like chicken.:big_smile:

16. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    We have 117 acres and maybe 6 bunnys:sad2:I like to watch them.

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The ground is so poor in my area that Rabbits have to carry a picnic lunch to pass through.:smile2:

18. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    What kinda grass you got there?
    poor little wabbit. mean ol Matt won't plant any grass fer em to eat.

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    George, when I was growing up in west Texas we rode Jackrabbits instead of horses. Didn't need a 22 for rabbits... we roped em. :big_smile:

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thatb thing looks tender, bout the size i butcher mine at!:wink: