Bungles

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by pendog66, Aug 31, 2009.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Just wondering if theres anyone else out there that takes the punishment of being a bengals fan. This year i think will be a boom or bust year. We are either going to have a great season or have another 4-12 season. The draft was excellent this year but injuries have already started to pile up. And let the Palmer hate begin!!! You have to feel for a guy that everytime he drops back for a pass he knows hes going to get hit

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My least favorite nfl teems

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Cincinnati.

Can you tell I am a Browns fan?

I look for a decent year out of the bengals, if not it might be time to change coaches, but it probably wont matter since Brown runs the team

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Yes been hanging thick an thin. I truely believe mismanagement is a real part of the cause. New QB an coach to start with then work on getting some real running backs.

4. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i really wanted bratkowskli gone last year. he is easily the worst offensive coordinator in the league

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Here's some good new's finally!

CINCINNATI-- Offensive tackle Andre Smith signed a contract Sunday with the Cincinnati Bengals, ending an impasse that dragged on a month into the preseason.
    The Bengals originally planned to have Smith start at right tackle, but he has missed three preseason games. He was in Cincinnati and agreed to the deal shortly before the start of a late afternoon practice, allowing him to get back on the field.
    The Bengals finish their preseason schedule with a home game Thursday against Indianapolis. It's unclear whether the rookie will be ready to play in that game.
    "We'll ease him into practice, see where his conditioning level is and see where he is this week," coach Marvin Lewis said. "We haven't made a decision about Thursday and won't know until after Wednesday."
    Smith, the No. 6 overall pick, was the highest unsigned NFL pick with one week left in the preseason. The Bengals had insisted on paying him less than a player taken later in the draft, Oakland's Darrius Heyward-Bey, leading to the impasse.
    Smith's contract leaves Michael Crabtree, drafted by San Francisco with the No. 10 overall pick, as the only unsigned first-round selection.
    The four-year deal includes $21 million guaranteed. The team has an option after the 2010 season that would turn it into a six-year deal that includes $29.5 million guaranteed. Heyward-Bey got a five-year deal with $23.5 million guaranteed from the Raiders.
    Smith participated in the afternoon practice, doing some drills with other linemen during the portion of the workout open to the media.
    "It was difficult just sitting there waiting. I'm eager to get back to football," Smith said after practice. "I don't feel like I'm that far behind. There's a difference between workout shape and football shape. I'm ready to get back into football shape."
    The team gave Smith's bed to another player during training camp in Georgetown, Ky. HBO's "Hard Knocks" episode on Wednesday showed teammates mocking Smith's weight during the team's annual rookie skits.
    Prolonged holdouts are commonplace in Cincinnati. In 2008, linebacker Keith Rivers missed nine days of camp and was one of the last two first-round picks to come to terms.
    The Bengals' offensive line was one of their top priorities in the offseason. The offense finished last in the league in 2008 in large part because of the line's ineffectiveness.
    Quarterback Carson Palmer missed 12 games because he tore a ligament and tendon in his throwing elbow when he got hit while passing.
    Only right guard Bobbie Williams returns in the same spot this year. The Bengals let their two tackles leave and drafted Smith, whose holdout forced them to revamp their plans. Anthony Collins has played right tackle in Smith's absence.
    The Bengals open the season at home Sept. 13 against Denver. Lewis has said during training camp that Smith will get the chance to compete for the starting job at right tackle once he gets into camp.
    The Bengals also are unsure whether Palmer will play in the final preseason game. He has missed the past two games with a moderately sprained left ankle. The Bengals don't want him to aggravate the injury, which would jeopardize his chances of playing against the Broncos.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  6. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    im not holding my breath on smith, he seems to be lazy and immature.

7. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    The league is still lettin the Bungles play NFL games huh? Its like watchin the poor sisters of the blind out there.:wink::smile2:

8. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i hope they still have paper bags somewhere. bungles fans arent too smart (obviously) yall will be using plastic bags to cover your shame ridden faces:wink: GO STEELERS!

9. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I would like to see more stability from the top so that it will trickle down. I remember when the Bengals were a force in football and would like to see the tiger stripes back in the playoffs. The uniforms are cool too. I think the core talent is there you just have to get everyone else on the same page and step up. With the NFL(not for long) you never know what is going to happen from year to year. That is what keeps me going as a Niner fan, although I think we get over that hump this year with great leadership, hard work, and determination across the board. Good luck and GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!

10. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    andre smith breaks his foot in second day of practice....:angry:

It sucks being a bengals :cool2:

11. :smile2::smile2:

12. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    ha,ha,ha,ha. LMFAO!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. AAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile2::tounge_out::smile2:

Good! I HATE the Bengals, hahahahha.....:eek:oooh:

(Get it Nate? >Hate<):wink::wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2009
  14. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH

i hate myself for being a bengals fan sometimes

16. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    It could be worse you could be a Steelers fan:smile2::smile2:

17. And a Jet's fan!:angry::smile2:

18. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    or a browns fan:wink:

19. .................and last, but not least, A PENGUINS FAN!:eek:oooh:

You know, those one hit wonders?:smile2::smile2::wink:

20. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    or a flyers fan. you know those one hit and i'm going to the penalty box at the most inappropriate time and lose the game because of it flyers. :wink::smile2: