Bumper needs our help !!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by zeboman, Jun 20, 2008.

1. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
  2. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    I think we need them laws in PA :crazy:

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I hear you 50 a day is a little ridiculous with no limits on size, maybe starting a petition of our own wouldn`t be a bad idea.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I'll 2nd that notion. Who in their right mind needs to harvest so many cats in a day. Their not like panfish which dont have alot of meat on their bones. I'll admit it that I keep most of my catch when catfishing to vacuum seal for the year. I cpr the big ones. I dont take home more then 10 cats in a night and I dont get to fish often anymore which is why I keep most of em.

5. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    When I talk to some guys about this but they get a bad case of apathy. "that is the way it is" "it hasn't hurt the fishing""many people release their catch" and "catfish populations are healthy"

Truth is I think that the commission really only bows to the pressure of sportsclubs; and locally at least the sportsclub pitch for there favorite catch.

so is an avid minority going to command the attention of the commission?
    ====================================================
    that being said I'm not apathetic and would support anyone that wanted to take on the current ridiculous harvest limits. Big catfish should espacially be protected .

IMHO, the georgia catters might have better chances because catfish is just plain better regarded in the south.

6. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    I find that limit hard to believe. I'd say the only thing saving the fishery is that people are practicing catch and release, but there is no reason to have a limit that high to begin with. Did my part with the petition and would hope every one of us on the BOC would stick together and do the same. Thanks for the post Dan....

7. SEANEGNATZ0789

SEANEGNATZ0789 New Member

State:
    MCKEESPORT, PA
    Did my part in the petition! I can't believe that limit! And I'm sure that there are people out there that catch that many in a day just because they can. Catch and release is the way to go!

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I just signed Bumpers petition. I was #64. :big_smile: Even though we have the ridiculous 50 Catfish limit here in Pa. I'm not sure its much of a problem. I don't know that I ever see anybody keeping Catfish yet alone a stringer of 50. Heck, I've never caught 50 in a day :crazy:!

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I signed it Dan. :wink:

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I signed it too, on Zeeb's request. I just might go to GA one of these days to fish, who knows. Now as for you PA brothers, gotta wonder what's up.

You guys are in the wrong place, come to beautiful NC. Might catch 50 in a day then.

11. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Tanya I have a friend in Lexington N.C. , it is nice down there I`ll agree with you on that, thanks for signing the petition.

12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I sighed it also. Good luck with it.

-Jim-