Bummed This Year

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by martinman, May 31, 2007.

1. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I know that the summer has just started but I am having a real hard time getting away to go fishing. As a result, I getting really bummed out. I haven't been on the board as much as I have been in the past.

I think the biggest reason that this has happened is due to the new addition to our family (Meghan is 5 months old). My wife is having to work on the weekends and I get to stay home with the girls.

Does anyone have any advice? I am trying to get out next weekend, but even that looks real questionable. I feel like I am going crazy inside. I also am worried that when I finally get the chance to get away I won't have much luck because I will be getting my hopes up too high.

Ryan

P.S. If you have been wondering why I haven't posted lately, now you know why. It is not that I am not getting on...its that I have nothing good to say!!

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    You gotta find time bro~ You go crazy and that will trickle down to your family life... A man needs time away from everything some times...

If you plan to head south, look me up and I will get the Mean Green out of storage for a trip to Bartlet.. You better bet we won't be let down at Bartlet.

Take care bro and take care of that little girl...
    Andy~

3. mwallace61

mwallace61 New Member

State:
    Huntsville,Alabama
    How 'bout fishin' some late afternoon's/evenings/nights during the week? Around here, that's the best time to fish anyway. Very few others on the river during the week. Can walk across the boats on the weekends.

On another note, congrats on the munchkin! I have three grown ones and two most excellant grandsons now.

MIke

4. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey ryan, hows the new house going, be guess'n ya got a lot of honey do's also, i'm sure you'll make it out soon dude, dude bluehunter is have at fish off durby on 6/23 at the river , pm him about that if ya can make it, good luck dude, b c'n at the river soon, someday soon I want to hit up one of your guys lakes, mayb someone will get a AZ gathering going, it would b fun

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm a Sister and I commend you for taking care of that Baby while your Wife works. Lots of guys would'nt do that cause they're from the old school and feel that's a woman's job.When my father was still alive he told the story of a man he knew that refused even to change a diaper as that was woman's work.So you get a pat on the back for being the babysitter. I agree with the menfolk on this thread,see if there might be some free time during the week that you can get away.We all need some room to breath,and don't be afraid to get on the BOC even if it's just to vent,get things off your chest.We're all family here and I know we have folks on here including myself that doesn't mind one bit to have their ears bent! So post away,say whatever is on your mind cause Brother we understand.That's one reason why I have said several times this BOC is a great place to be! The only thing greater would be to personally get together with other BOC people like at a Gathering.The folks on here I know from personal expeirence are awesome folks,true gems!!:big_smile:

6. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I too have had a life changing change happen recently with the adoption of our second son. I have put priorities where they need to be and let god take care of the rest. I believe if you express your love for the sport and the need to just get a little time away, your loving wife will let you escape for a little man time. Just beaware that a little needs to go a long way for a while if you know what i mean. DOnt do the all nighter, just get some quality wet line time. It will clear the soul and refresh the batteries!! Most loving spouses wil understand the need to recharge!!

7. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I take my kids fishing with me, ages 10 and 6, I know you have a baby and it could be more dificult for you to do that, but once she gets older she would be fine by the water, just keep an eye on her.
    My son (6) usually takes a bunch of toys with him, he says he goes fishing with me but in reality only fishes for about 15 minutes and plays for the rest of the time. I let them get in the water and trow rocks if they want to.
    Sometimes as parents we have to put our kids first but I do go out by myself once in a while to scape from it all. Be patienace, your time will come.

BTW, that is him on my avatar, he was sleeping in the truck but wanted a picture with the fish, could not even keep his eyes open.

8. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I wanted to say thanks to you guys for kinda boosting the morale a little. I have been dying inside because I want to fish so bad. Last year I was going fishing about every other weekend from the end of March until October.

This year I have only been out ONCE.

At any rate, it sounds like I will be hitting the Colorado River again Thursday and Friday nights. I am really hoping that everything works out.

I will keep everyone posted.

Ryan

9. ftnahaf

ftnahaf New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Ryan , I`m going to rosy this saturday night and the girl freind is going to hawaii for a week with her son . I was ganna ask the neighbor to go but if your plans fall out - let me know by thursday night . Just bring your self and your Rods and dont worry about any thing else . Beleave me family does come first !!!!! Alot of people wont be there for you but your family will always be there for you ! Do the right thing and I think you know what that is .

10. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Hey Ryan I see you live in Flagstaff try and get out early one day and head to Lake Mary. Start fishing when it's just light enough to see. Fish the Narrows just up lake of the boat launch at the bend. Try using anchovies. I caught a bunch of real nice channels there last June. Good luck. Take care.

11. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    good to see your going to make it ryan, got your message on my cell will call ya in a bit, ill be down there fri nite but i think the water is going to be real low low and to late to get bait so wont be fishn fri nite, ill cruz up by the cable to see i can find ya in my truck

cya an good fishn

12. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I have fished the narrows many times. I guess I have gotten more of an itch for flatheads lately.

I was out at the Upper lake the other day and it is really sad. The lake is really, really low. The AZ Game and Fish is recommending people not to put in their boats because the water levels are so low.

I do think that even getting out on Mary would help out a lot though.

Ryan

13. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Hey RYAN, Glad to hear you are going to make it to the river this week. I am going to give it a try myself, last time I wet a line was at the gathering. I thank I will try and get out of town before noon on friday. Looking foward to seeing you again. Talk at ya later. Bill